LA Times: Mexico Under Seige

racer951

Reaction
The newest article talks about an off-road race, but I have never heard of him. Here's a portion of the article:

"The Chula Vista case in June 2007 was typical of the murky methods used in the crimes. The victim, Eduardo Gonzalez Tostado, a Baja California champion off-road racer, went to the home expecting to meet a woman.

Instead he was beaten, cuffed, shot with a Taser and thrown into a small room. Family members eventually paid nearly $200,000 in ransom money. At the trial, defense attorneys, citing FBI interviews, alleged that Gonzalez had smuggled drugs for the cartel.

Gonzalez, in his testimony, denied the accusation."

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Did anyone cathc the "Tijuana Drug Lords" on NatGeo Sunday night? I just watched it on my TiVo are it was very informative.

JoeyD23

Reaction
Did anyone cathc the "Tijuana Drug Lords" on NatGeo Sunday night? I just watched it on my TiVo are it was very informative.
I saw it...I also saw a doc on the Current chanel by Laura Ling (one of the girls that was imprisoned in N.Korea) and she was in a few border towns covering the cartels and what not. I must say its very interesting and it has a bit of a Mafia type feel that really makes you want to get more info and insight. BUT, it is terrible at the same time and I only hope this war with the cartels can be won sooner than later. Unfortunatly I think whether we/us/mexico win the war or not will depend on Americans kicking their drug habits. Like it has been mentioned, we are the ones driving the demand for the smuggling......

Dezertpilot

Reaction
No I didn't watch it! I am trying to convince my wife it is safe for me to go to the 1000 this year!!!
It was on the AFO. So since they are pretty scattered (But still in commission) you should be ok. Do like I do and skip TJ altogether and just go relax/watch from San Felipe:D

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
It was on the AFO. So since they are pretty scattered (But still in commission) you should be ok. Do like I do and skip TJ altogether and just go relax/watch from San Felipe:D
..... hold on, I am writing all this down and puttin it on 3x5 cards for when I bring it up again! LOL!