La Victoria Truck at Laughlin?

StaatsRacing

Reaction
Many have asked the question, “What ever happened to the ‘La Victoria’ Trophy Truck?”

Built by Mike Smith and raced by Robby Gordon, the La Victoria Salsa sponsored SCORE Trophy Truck was one of the first “Unlimited Class” trucks to be built as we have come to know them today. It debuted in 1992 and has raced ever since. Throughout the years, the truck has changed many hands, until Will Staats bought the truck from Dircks and Porter in 2005. For three years, Will Staats raced the truck under the Mastercraft Safety banner to its most recent win in 2008 at the Terrible Town 250 event in the Best in the Desert Series.

For the 2011 SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge, it was decided to restore this legendary race vehicle to its former glory. Outfitted as a Ranger, with the famous red, white, and green livery, the La Victoria truck will once again debut this weekend in Laughlin and will be competing with the Mastercraft Safety/Impact Racing trifecta of Robbie Pierce, Will Staats, and Rob MacCachren.

A photo of the truck in 1992, along with a teaser of La Victoria as it will be debuted at Laughlin. Be there, January 15-16, to see the La Victoria SCORE Trophy Truck run once again!

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 1,758
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 925

TaylorAnderson31

Reaction
good luck to you guys.

Dezert Razer 77

Reaction
Many have asked the question, “What ever happened to the ‘La Victoria’ Trophy Truck?”

Built by Mike Smith and raced by Robby Gordon, the La Victoria Salsa sponsored SCORE Trophy Truck was one of the first “Unlimited Class” trucks to be built as we have come to know them today. It debuted in 1992 and has raced ever since. Throughout the years, the truck has changed many hands, until Will Staats bought the truck from Dircks and Porter in 2005. For three years, Will Staats raced the truck under the Mastercraft Safety banner to its most recent win in 2008 at the Terrible Town 250 event in the Best in the Desert Series.

For the 2011 SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge, it was decided to restore this legendary race vehicle to its former glory. Outfitted as a Ranger, with the famous red, white, and green livery, the La Victoria truck will once again debut this weekend in Laughlin and will be competing with the Mastercraft Safety/Impact Racing trifecta of Robbie Pierce, Will Staats, and Rob MacCachren.

A photo of the truck in 1992, along with a teaser of La Victoria as it will be debuted at Laughlin. Be there, January 15-16, to see the La Victoria SCORE Trophy Truck run once again!

are you going to race her just in laughlin??
would love to see her at San Felipe \m/

StaatsRacing

Reaction
Since the purchase of the Jimco Truck, this truck has been for sale. Dependig on if we have it or not, you may or may not see it at San Felipe. We'd love to race this truck there, but either way, there's a good chance we'll race San Felipe.

Dezert Razer 77

Reaction
Since the purchase of the Jimco Truck, this truck has been for sale. Dependig on if we have it or not, you may or may not see it at San Felipe. We'd love to race this truck there, but either way, there's a good chance we'll race San Felipe.

cool that sounds great,good luck at laughlin
dang i'll do anything to be there right now

StaatsRacing

Reaction
So you have a Jimco TT and the La Victoria Truck as well????

Yes. We have owned the La Victoria truck since 2005, and it's been raced under the Mastercraft banner. In 2008, we bought a Jimco TT, and have primarily campaigned that truck since, as a Mastercraft truck as well. But this is the first time since it was owned by Robby Gordon that is has been raced with the La Victoria Salsa livery.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Website
www.racers-only.com
Yea, In my dreams. I was fortunate enough to get a ride in that truck with RG back in 92 during a test session in Barstow. That was the first time I had EVER been in a Class 1 unlimited (at the time there was no TT class) and it was a RUSH. That was one of my favorite trucks EVER. Kudo to Staats for returning the truck to it's original body.....looked better with the 92' Ford Ranger body if i say so myself.

This is a piece I did messing around one day.......I wish I would have done it on better paper but it was something that got thrown on a regular piece of copy paper. This is from the 1993 Parker 400, Robby only ran the truck with this color in one race. The normal La Victoria colors (Red/white/green) were replaced with a gloss black truck with his Indy car sponsor (Copenhagen) and La Victoria Salsa. It's too bad it only raced with these colors once, it was a sweeeet looking truck.

PRErunIT

Reaction
So does it even compair to your new Jimco truck???? The Robby truck went threw a ton of changes since those days right??

DEZERTBOUND

Reaction

black truck with his Indy car sponsor (Copenhagen) and La Victoria Salsa. It's too bad it only raced with these colors once, it was a sweeeet looking truck.

I remember Robby going way over the posted speed limit in downtown Parker during contingency in that truck.

P.S. Nice drawing.

SPROCKET

Reaction
That was one of my favorite trucks EVER!!!!!! I believe this is the truck that changed the face of off road racing what a legend to have the La Salsa colors back!!!
Thanks Staatsracing, everyone will want ranger bodies on there TTs after this race!

Rory I wish I could draw like you! Thanks for the pic!
Now we need RGs stars and stripes

Attachments

• Baja-Robbie.jpg
    Baja-Robbie.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 533

Zac Reish

Reaction
Its still racing. It looks like most trophy trucks except a tad smaller. I believe it raced KOH in 2020. Im sure its raced other races I'm unaware of.