Lake Elsinore GP

dnf736

Reaction
For motivational purposes...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_YK3LWxDUQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Elsinore Grand Prix - "On Any Sunday"[/ame]

NewMexican

Reaction
The moved the course back into town, kind of, check out the map. Its set for Nov 7th and 8th. Anyone racing??????

http://www.stormentertainmentonline.com/grandprix.html
I would love too! Last year was my first time finally getting to participate in this epic event. However there were so many people cutting course it ended up a big dissappointment to me! :mad:

...hope they clean-up that stuff like Score is trying to do in Baja!

dnf736

Reaction
The last two years were put on by the Lake Elsinore MX Park. This is being put on by the Storm, same people who own the Storm minor league baseball team, totally different group.
Storm had the political pull get it through the city and back to its roots (or as close as we can get these days) and Podium Productions is running the race.

Hopefully they can work together and pull it off, we'll be there.

FCORR

Reaction
The last two years were put on by the Lake Elsinore MX Park. This is being put on by the Storm, same people who own the Storm minor league baseball team, totally different group.
Storm had the political pull get it through the city and back to its roots (or as close as we can get these days) and Podium Productions is running the race.

Sounds pretty cool...I just moved about a mile down the road from there...I really don't have an excuse to miss it...:D. My Dad used to race this back in the "On Any Sunday" years...

Harpo

Reaction
I'm in!

Jshultz

Reaction
Looks like 95 bucks to do, I wonder if you need any other sanction card do race it? I will be there.

Chase 2

Reaction
Friggen $100 to race for an hour? Dang!

Jshultz

Reaction
Do the 100 mile race then

RacerX1

Reaction
I would love too! Last year was my first time finally getting to participate in this epic event. However there were so many people cutting course it ended up a big dissappointment to me! :mad:

...hope they clean-up that stuff like Score is trying to do in Baja!
Last year's was horrible. During the quad race, people were cutting off entire sections of the course. During the UTV race, everyone was moving up to the first couple rows to start (since nobody is issued numbers, only transponders) and we almost saw two head-on collisions during the race. No course workers - no flaggers anywhere. It was a cluster. I've raced it in the past when it went thru the town and that was fun. I don't think I'll be going back any time soon though. Hopefully it will be much better this year than last.

Baracudaaa

Reaction
Last year's was horrible. During the quad race, people were cutting off entire sections of the course. During the UTV race, everyone was moving up to the first couple rows to start (since nobody is issued numbers, only transponders) and we almost saw two head-on collisions during the race. No course workers - no flaggers anywhere. It was a cluster. I've raced it in the past when it went thru the town and that was fun. I don't think I'll be going back any time soon though. Hopefully it will be much better this year than last.
Hopefully its run better than the last 2 Years since Podium Prod. is running it and not LEMX.

BigBro

Reaction

This years race will be many times better than the last races at the Lake Elsinore MX Park. The course looks real good from the layout, some of the past and some new ground. Nice and spread out, the way it's supposed to be, with many terrain elevation changes.

Good job Podium, can't wait for the event!

ceballos

Reaction
how is the quad turnout? sounds interesting, just wondering if there is a significant amount of us there

announcer dude

Leg Rider
Reaction
dont miss this years grand prix
all new stuff designed by some of the top riders in offroad
podium productions putting alot of time into this race to
bring back this great event read below
thanks
george antill

The 2009 Lake Elsinore Grand Prix is back - November 7th and 8th.

You are invited to join us at the Storm Stadium, Lake Elsinore for this year's event. It will be held on Veteran's Day weekend, Nov 7th and 8th. Storm Events, a subsidiary of Storm Baseball, has joined forces with local race promoter Heather Sebastian of Podium Productions to bring the LEGP back to the roots of grand prix racing. We have listened to the suggestions and concerns of the racing community and hope to make this year the beginning of another 41 years of racing history.

With the help of racers that have competed in the LEGP for over 10 years, we have designed a diverse and unique 7.2-mile course utilizing various sections of the original track. Start/Finish and the pits will be located at the Storm Stadium. Traditional race classes including dirt bikes, ATV's, vintage bikes and UTV's will race throughout Saturday and Sunday.

The famous 100 mile Harvey Mushman race, named after racer and actor Steve McQueen, will also be on the agenda. Storm Events offers the stadium as a highlight and benefit to creating a comfortable and fun atmosphere for this year's event. In addition to the race, a Saturday night concert featuring the rock bands Warrant and Great White will be held inside the Diamond Stadium, offering fans and race participants' entertainment throughout the night. For more information please check out www.podiumproductions.com or www.stormevents.com

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I just was there today to finalize the track, it ends up being about 6.2 miles fast and fun, nothing remotly hard so fun for everyone, just cruzing it was about 10 min lap and closing and opening gates. It will uses the same mud hole as in the past, the table top, and many other old features, just not down town.