• Forum membership has its advantages....

Land Shark Rebuild Thread

Bajabro1

I'm amazed to find no info or updates from Terrible Herbst Motorsports on rebuilding the Land Shark "El Tiburon" since the fire accident at the NORRA 1000. I think this would be an amazing marketing opportunity for everyone at Terrible Herbst Motorsports to start a thread here on Race-Dezert on rebuilding the most famous and winningest Class 1 to ever exist on this planet.

What are your thoughts?

I'm suspecting that Mad Media might already have something planned on the rebuild of this iconic buggy.

Dezertpilot

No need for them to, you want rebuild info go follow Jason Montes over on IG, think he works at Herbst, always showing really nice stuff.

Bajabro1

No need for them to, you want rebuild info go follow Jason Montes over on IG, think he works at Herbst, always showing really nice stuff.
Thanks for the info on Jason Montes. I still think most Race-Dezert fans would love to see the build thread on this incredibly addicting Web site. Who wouldn't want to see the rebuild of the greatest Class 1 buggy?

Dezertpilot

I'm all for it, but in the past they never showed what they have worked on except for when Dump showed the last trucks being built.

Mark Newhan

I doubt that they would do a build thread here. With Instagram a builder can have his own following and use it as a marketing tool. I may have to do the same thing on my next build to make my "brand" more marketable... I think I have been missing the boat by avoiding social media.

Bajabro1

I doubt that they would do a build thread here. With Instagram a builder can have his own following and use it as a marketing tool. I may have to do the same thing on my next build to make my "brand" more marketable... I think I have been missing the boat by avoiding social media.
Mark - You made a great point about using Instagram as a way to keep your audience informed. I use Instagram and other social media sites to advertise and market the car brands I work for. If I was part of the Terrible Herbst marketing team, I'd be creating a social media marketing plan around the Land Shark Rebuild to grow and engage the Terrible Herbst online community. These past few months, I've been extremely engaged and impressed by the level of videography the Terrible Herbst have been doing this past year. Their videos are awesome to watch!!!! I like the Terrible Herbst short videos better than the Vildosola Racing post-race videos. Lol!

The Land Shark Rebuild would be a great nostalgic story to read about. It will bring back memories to those who had the opportunity to see her race in Baja and the U.S. Not to mention, those who had the chance to work on her in the pits.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Land Shark Rebuild thread became the longest thread on this forum. It'd be something that everyone in the off-world would be talking about for years to come. I can already see all the content and exposure that would come out of posting updates on Race-Dezert: magazine front cover features, video documentaries and event showings (SEMA Show, Off-Road Expo, Mint 400 Contingency, SCORE events, etc).

Dezertpilot

I don't believe that article is 100% correct. Those photos were taken before the NORRA race.

Jerry

You work on/build Offroad trucks?