Land Shark Ride...

Dave_G

Reaction
Well, today turned out to be a not so ordinary day for me. As I write this, my mind is still boggled by the experience I had and a million thoughts are still racing through my head. For as fate would have it, I had the very unique opportunity to go for a 20 mile lap ride in the Herbst Truggy at a test session in Lucerne Valley today. With the very capable hands of Larry Roseler at the controls that thing danced through the desert terrain like a ballerina on a Broadway stage. Make no mistake about, that car is a rocket with 39's on it and a six speed. Thank you to Mike, Todd, AJ, Vinny and the rest of the crew for a once in a lifetime experience.

WHAT A MACHINE!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Todd, I think I drooled in your helmet...

Dave

Attachments

Rprice

Reaction
man that must have been so much fun. and those are huge tires.

drtdevil93

Reaction
oh come on, you got a ride with scott steinberger. i hate both of you.

erik

Dave_G

Reaction
RE "I hate you."

Thank you. I think......

Dave

MNotary

Reaction
What is the black cover on the front for?

How much does that thing weigh?

Plush ride?

shrek

Reaction
Bastard..................I knew I should have followed the Herbst semi up the 57 n/bound yesterday. I was wondering where they could be going????????? Now I know. Bastard, bastard, bastard............but a lucky man.

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Did LR mention if his driving style is different with the 39"s? Do they throw more rocks at the cab? Did the turning radius change? How long did it take to wipe off the grin?

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: "Plush ride? "

Extremely plush. For as fast as were were going I was expecting a more violent ride. We were hitting rocks the size of basketballs and you could barely feel them. The whoops were the best though. The car just skitters across the tops like they are not even there. Several times were were in sixth gear and the engine was burbling on the rev limiter. Just looking over at Larry Rosler driving was a treat in it's self. That guy is one talented dude who makes it look so easy.

Now I know why that thing has won so many championships. It has very good drivers, a good crew and it works!

Dave

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: "How long did it take to wipe off the grin? "

I'll let you know when it happens.....

RE: "Did LR mention if his driving style is different with the 39"s?"

Yes. He spends much more time with his foot in it through the rocks. I'm not sure about the turning radius though. I never experienced a slow turn. Larry just seems to get it plenty sideways before the turn and bounces off the berm at speed and next thing you know your pointed another direction. Takes big cajones to do that I'd guess.

Dave

Harpo

Reaction
Was Ed, Tim or Troy there? Or do they not have any part of the testing?

Donahoe

Reaction
At any point while riding in the truggy di you say.... "weeeeeeeeee"?

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Cool. So can anyone in Class 1 or Trophy-Truck buy those tires now?

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
There is a waiting list for them. The Herbst are doing the initial testing for BFG.

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Actually, my point was that in nearly all forms of motorsports, tires are the one thing that unfair advantage cannot come from. It kind of makes you wonder why they are making them???