Larger fuel cell vent

KTB Racing

Reaction
My fuel cell currently has one -8 rollover valve/vent line and it is not enough. It takes forever just to fill it up at a gas pump. I have limited room left on the fill plate and i dont really want to open another hole up in the can and plastic bladder for the flange style check valves.

My options are opening up the hole of the existing check valve fitting to accept a bigger one or drilling a hole and welding a 1” barb fitting towards the bottom of the filler neck and putting an inline discriminator valve. Im leaning towards the barb fitting and discriminator valve route but my only concern is if it would still be legal or not. Would the barb still have to have a check ball or is the discriminator acceptable in its place?
IMG_0207.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51rcr

Reaction
you still want a check valve. Are you getting any standing fuel in the vent line? Filter on it clean? Flapper inside of tank soft still or a piece of foam holding it up?

KTB Racing

Reaction
There is no foam in the tank and it has a flapper still but I'm not sure if it's hard or not. I did a little more research and Harmons website had the answer to my question. Unfortunately they only make the weld in vents out of aluminum so I'm going to have to make my own.