Larry Roeseler 1980s leather jacket

Tube ride

Reaction
Does anyone remember LR’s big leather hunting safari type jacket? He would wear it off the line and a lap in it was opened up and flapping in the wind behind him? To us kids it was his trade mark and you could always make him out with that silhouette. We would open our coats and rip across the dry lakebed coats a flapping, playing LR. I would love to see a picture of that image ingrained to my memory.

Tube ride

Reaction
In 83 or 84 my dad and uncle were Working a bitd race a safety hazard right before they would hit the dry lake bed and pin it. I was on my 75cc Suzuki out of n the middle of the lake bed watching guys go buy in there land speed record pose. I knew the leader ( Larry roeseler) was due soon. Here he comes coat flapping in the wing! I’m the only thing out on the lake bed and instead of flying buy , he throws on the binders and skids up to me. He is leading this race and coming to a skidding stop in front of 12 year old. He throws the leather jacket and screams ” give that to Casey folks “ as he blasts off again. That was my mean joe green coke and towel moment . And I spent the next hour wearing the jacket ripping all over the dry lake with my jealous brother and cousins chasing me begging to wear it.