Las Vegas area racers help.....

J Prich

Kind of an odd ball request here so here's my story. Active military guy, been working in Vegas for the past four years. Grew up in So Cal as a fan of desert racing, made annual Mint trips, Barstow races, Riverside, Ascot, etc. Not a racing family, just fans.

Anyway, I have a 7 year old son who lives with his mom in FL. He's hooked on the stuff but obviously in FL he doesn't get much exposure to it so he just watches D2G 5 times a day. I get him for two weeks in the summer starting this week.

I know most everyone is geared up for Baja and probably out of town for the week but I'm looking for someone next week that wouldn't mind letting me bring him by the shop, garage, whatever and check out your ride, maybe sit in the seat, kick a tire, whatever. Would be happy to supply beer or dinner or something, would just like the little guy to get a chance to see some dez racing stuff up close.

If anyone would be willing to share and sacrifice a half hour of time sometime next week (actually somewhere between the 16th and 19th would be ideal) I'd be deeply indebted and happy to show my gratitude with a case of beer or something!

HDRA1

The Godfather
let me see what i can find i am sure there are some others here that can help also

Score 44

<font color="DarkOrchid">Think Strange</font>
If your ever in my area.....
you are more than well-come, sit in / photos / ride..... poster....

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
let me see what i can find i am sure there are some others here that can help also
Maybe try the Herbsts', Lucas?

After all, Troy had Mike haul the truggy up there for
"show & tell" at his sons school!:)

J Prich

I don't think my 7 year old fully understands what a boner is yet but I'm sure seeing any of the Herbsts ride's would provide his first experience! I didn't want to bother the "big" race shops as I figured they'd all have their hands full but if anyone has some connections with the Herbsts, Baldwins, etc that would blow his mind. Seeing something in real life that he's seen on tv would be amazing.

But even if not I know he'd get a huge kick out of just getting to see some race cars up close. I know as a kid the coolest thing in the whole world to me was getting to see all the cars, get posters and stickers, etc on Fremont St. before the Mint. That and getting a thumbs up from weary drivers late in to the evening on race day. The timing doesn't ever work out for me to have him out when there are races going on so this is the best I could do for him.

Again I really appreciate the offers and assistance.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Trouble is, Herbst "stuff" is usually in Huntington Beach!
Butt, there's alot of racers in the Vegas area and I'm sure
one or more will come thru!

Robby Woods

Kind of an odd ball request here so here's my story. Active military guy, been working in Vegas for the past four years. Grew up in So Cal as a fan of desert racing, made annual Mint trips, Barstow races, Riverside, Ascot, etc. Not a racing family, just fans.

Anyway, I have a 7 year old son who lives with his mom in FL. He's hooked on the stuff but obviously in FL he doesn't get much exposure to it so he just watches D2G 5 times a day. I get him for two weeks in the summer starting this week.

I know most everyone is geared up for Baja and probably out of town for the week but I'm looking for someone next week that wouldn't mind letting me bring him by the shop, garage, whatever and check out your ride, maybe sit in the seat, kick a tire, whatever. Would be happy to supply beer or dinner or something, would just like the little guy to get a chance to see some dez racing stuff up close.

If anyone would be willing to share and sacrifice a half hour of time sometime next week (actually somewhere between the 16th and 19th would be ideal) I'd be deeply indebted and happy to show my gratitude with a case of beer or something!
Hey I'm Robby Woods and I'm the owner,driver,builder of the #99 pro 2 we are coming off a second place finish in arizona at the lucas series my shop is 45 minutes west of vegas and I would love to show your youngster the ropes! BJ is a friend of mind and I think I could work something out there as well .E mail me robby@robbywoods.com and we'll make it work!Thanks for keeping our country free!

WickedGravityVideo

Hey Lucas -- you might want to set something up at Collins shop -- not too far from Interstate 15 and Tropicana. Call up the Goerke brothers and I bet they would have you over - nice shop to visit with multiple race cars and prerunners.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
I could get them in over at Collins or Baldwins - or both :D I need to go to Brian's anyway when they get back from the 500... let me know if I can help!!!

FUD_LIVES

This thread brings tears to my eyes. The desert racing community is the greatest in the country. You guys rock! I love you all.......well, most of you.:D

PALAPABOY

Bajalite Win Streak Killer
hey i'm robby woods and i'm the owner,driver,builder of the #99 pro 2 we are coming off a second place finish in arizona at the lucas series my shop is 45 minutes west of vegas and i would love to show your youngster the ropes! Bj is a friend of mind and i think i could work something out there as well .e mail me robby@robbywoods.com and we'll make it work!thanks for keeping our country free!
Cool rep points for you !!!!

Vtr_Racing

Way to go Robbie. The offroad community is one of the most charitable communities. Make this happen for this little boy. How cool is that.... Jamie, pull some of those strings! lol..

EMS702

Rescue 1
I will call Menzies tomorrow see what I can do. Shop is awesome 215/Decatur area. This little man may get to see more than he bargained for. If we can make it all happen that would be cool.

getpipe.com

I dont have a shop like Menzies, Collins or anyone like that..however I am going to be testing our 16 car and our 7 truck next week at night ranch road...you are more than welcome to call me direct and I invite you to come down and hang out or go for a ride...

Gregg 702 415 8803 cell

Attachments

Brokenbronco

First off, J Prich, thank you for your service to our country! Second, the rest of you all ROCK!!!