Laser cutting front bulkhead

joe1369

Reaction
I am replacing my front bulkhead, due to damage from the last MORE race. I need info, I have a bulkhead, but it needs to be taller, so I need to re-cut (2) main support pieces out of 3/16 or 1/4" chromo. DO I NEED TO HAVE A DRAWING OR CAN YOU SCAN A PATTERN AND CUT IT OUT WITH THE LASER??????? The supplier gave me a bulkhead that he thought would work, but not for my chassis. PLEASE any one near NORTHRIDGE????? Thanks Joe1369:D:eek:

tomahawkracefab

Reaction
if you havent got cad facilities, scan a template of pattern and ask your laser cutter NICELY if he can use the jpg/tiff as a 'raster image' on cad, he may charge extra to trace pattern to a dwg/dxf file for laser processing

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
If you don't have a CAD drawing I'd rather have a simple hand drawing with dimensions to all hole locations and anything required around the perimeter. Many times the perimeter is based off the interior holes so drawing it up is fairly painless. This is actually faster than scanning any image and tracing it, then going back and making the holes exact dimension rather than what was scanned.---- So a basic template with hole sizes and c/l-c/l dimensions called out.

scottm

Reaction
Craig is right. A faxed sketch with dimensions is the best way to go. I spend more time fixing scanned images than it takes to draw it from scratch.