Latest on #271 Casey Chrisman Trophy Truck

Speedy Gonzales

Reaction
Have been hearing a lot of conflicting stories about the #271 accident. Did they really leave the country? Why did they leave the scene in the first place? The chase driver that showed up later, what is his status?
Like I said, lot's of conflicting stories. Anybody out there?, just want to know the facts, please. And don't start your sentence with "I heard"...

Speedy Gonzales

Reaction
The only info I found was that the victim was a 31 year old female who was part of the pit crew for Class 5-1600 #563 Marco Gomez from San Diego

JayQC

Reaction
Her name has been outed by a pretty unpopular baja news website, as usual.

Then you google her name and find quite a few articles about it, 99% of them in spanish, and not much more than we already know.

I heard it over Weatherman when it happened, and I was also listening to the feed when weatherman broke the news to #563 and well...may she rest in peace.

Last edited:

BajaFand

Reaction
Whatever happened to the race truck itself? From 1st person accounts the chase crew came with a trailer, picked up the driver and co-driver and left the race truck completely unattended in the middle of Diablo. Who knows what the hell happened to it?!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

green787

Reaction
Whatever happened to the race truck itself? From 1st person accounts the chase crew came with a trailer, picked up the driver and co-driver and left the race truck completely unattended in the middle of Diablo. Who knows what the hell happened to it?!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

They probably knew it was going to be impounded and it's at an impound yard now.... and that's just guessing...