lathe tooling supplier in San Diego?

duneridercr250

Reaction
Ive been looking for a machine shop supply store in the San Diego area and i cant find anything. I need a quality indexable tool bit set for my lathe. The cheap Chinese set that i have keeps breaking.

mikeyfrombc

Reaction
what size tooling and insert style ?? Kennmetal , Iscar , and Sandvick all make really nice insert tooling , check E-bay

Brian Mapes

Reaction
If you are looking for a tooling specific vendor I cant help you. But if you know where your local Airgas is go there and take a look at their Washington Tool/ Rutland Tool Catalog. I used to work at Airgas and in the Rutland Catalog there is tons and tons or stuff. Cheaper made in china stuff to fairly good standard all the way up to high quality American made stuff that you would find at a tool house or good hardware store. If you cant find the place you are looking for then definately give Airgas a shot, you will be able to get whatever you need from them, something alot of people dont know. And im not trying to advertise for them I dont work there anymore just trying to help a guy out.

Getrdone

Reaction
Second the above. Todd has a lot of cool stuff and is a good guy. Been going there for about 10 years.

duneridercr250

Reaction
I ended up ordering a Glanze 10mm turning tool set from a company in the UK. I will make note of your suggestions for replacement carbide tips and other miscellaneous stuff, thanks

duneridercr250

Reaction
Well the bit set that i ordered from the UK was back ordered for two weeks. I checked out ddtool.com and found a nice set by Micro 100, but it was $236. I googled the part number and found it on ebay for $141! Thanks for the help guys