• Forum membership has its advantages....

Laughlin Leap!!!!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Just got back from the Laughlin Leap. I must say I was a little worried about losing fans to the Parker race but there was quite a few spectators on the "Freeloader hill" and the grandstands were FULL. As for the Laughlin Leap, the guys did a great job on it this year and the racers were really FLYING.
results are as follows...unoffical that is: Ed Herbst....124'-10", Jason Baldwin 124'-7"....thats right, only 3" out of first.......I can't remember who was third. One of the class 7s co-riders hurt his back on the Leap and was transported to the hospital...hard landing....ugh. To all those who couldn't go, that was a quick update, when I get home from tech tomorrow I'll give you another update.

Racers Only

Rory

Crayola Killer
J.C, It was Mike Beckers co-rider, he seemed fine, just really sore.

Racers Only

JCA

OK thanks Rory. Hey me and my wife wanted to ask if you had kids Duralast shirts??? Seeing how we could not be there in person to bug you. Also when you get the new PCI shirts done I will get some from you. Thanks again and keep us up to date.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

martininsocal

rory-why did you leave dondel out at 130 feet!? that beat his old record of 120. and nobody was even close for ramp speed off the jump. dondel-85mph, next closest i heard was 69! he landed the thing on the nose, ran over the berm and through the fence at the other end of the course.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Rory

Crayola Killer
Martin, Sorry about that. I was up at the top of the track lining up the cars (staging) for the jump and only saw the amber lights. Jason Baldwin was the last to jump and asked what distance was needed to win, I called to the guys at the jump and they said 124'-3" over the radio so I thought that was the record. I'll check the offical standings before spouting off next time.

Racers Only