Laughlin on TV

Jimmy8

Reaction
Just read in the sports section of the Arizona Republic that the Laughlin Desert Challenge will finally be aired. Here in Arizona it will be on tommarrow (Sunday) at 2PM on OLN (Out Door Life) Network.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Anyone in HB area up for hooking at some bar to watch the race ?

eat tacos or nachos, some brew among race enthusiast.

I know its short notice.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
14:00 and no SCORE on OLN but rather some moto.... hhmm...

MikeLeung

Reaction
What the hell....my DirectTV says its the Laughlin Desert Challenge, the OLN webpage says Laughlin Desert Challenge, but they're showing motorcross????

V8Ranger

Reaction
Taken from OLN's website. I believe the times are eastern.

Sunday, September 08, 2002
5:00PM - 6:00PM TROPHY TRUCK SERIES
Laughlin Desert Challenge
The Laughlin Desert Challenge in Laughlin Nevada, combining the best of short course and open desert racing into a spectator friendly event that has attracted thousands of new fans to the sport.

Thursday, September 12, 2002
7:00PM - 8:00PM TROPHY TRUCK SERIES
Laughlin Desert Challenge
The Laughlin Desert Challenge in Laughlin Nevada, combining the best of short course and open desert racing into a spectator friendly event that has attracted thousands of new fans to the sport.

Sunday, September 15, 2002
Terribles Town 250
Terribles Town 250 - A Trophy Truck class event featuring state of the art ultra-exotics with over 700 horsepower, 36 inches of wheel travel and regularly posting top speeds exceeding 140 MPH.

Thursday, September 19, 2002
7:00PM - 8:00PM TROPHY TRUCK SERIES
Terribles Town 250
Terribles Town 250 - A Trophy Truck class event featuring state of the art ultra-exotics with over 700 horsepower, 36 inches of wheel travel and regularly posting top speeds exceeding 140 MPH.

Sunday, September 22, 2002
Baja 500
Baja 500 - A Trophy Truck class event featuring state of the art ultra-exotics with over 700 horsepower, 36 inches of wheel travel and regularly posting top speeds exceeding 140 MPH.

Thursday, September 26, 2002
5:30PM - 6:30PM TROPHY TRUCK SERIES
Baja 500
Baja 500 - A Trophy Truck class event featuring state of the art ultra-exotics with over 700 horsepower, 36 inches of wheel travel and regularly posting top speeds exceeding 140 MPH.

Sunday, September 29, 2002
Nevada 1000
Nevada 1000 - A Trophy Truck class event featuring state of the art ultra-exotics with over 700 horsepower, 36 inches of wheel travel and regularly posting top speeds exceeding 140 MPH.

shrek

Reaction
me too, this really is irritating.

Racing isn't everything.............it's the only thing!!!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Maybe those times go for everywhere??

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
is OLN available to adelphia? I checked all the gearhead channels and no off road or moto x

Kris

martininsocal

Reaction
what the heck? even the guide said it was suppose to be on at 2pm pst! not a bike and quad cross country race! went back at 5pm and still nothing. was it on eastcoast time? whats up with OLN?

If your gonna go, go BIG

Bryan_D

Reaction
man that sucks. I stayed awake to watch that stupid show and even set an alarm to watch and I turn it on and some dang motorcycle race was on thats BS. I think I got blue balled.

gary

Reaction
oln is channel 126 on adelphia, in buena park...and yes, it was moto/quads.....i had the a/c on, and cold beers lined up, waiting to watch the race....oh well...

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
OLN has a feedback on their website.

Pehaps a strong feedback from the racing community will pressure them into actualy airing the Laughlin show.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.olntv.com/GIFB_feedback.cfm>CLICK HERE FOR OLN FEEDBACK</A>

ryans

Reaction
Adelphia in Carlsbad through digital cable has OLN on 404 but no desert race, just bikes in Okichobee (sp?)FL ... naw I won't say it, emailed feedback though.

Brand new desert race fan... TOOMUCHFUN

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
From OLN

"Mr. Hernandez,

We apologize for not having shown the Laughlin Desert Challenge this past
Sunday. As is the case with any network that offers live coverage of
events, delays and last-minute changes can be expected through no fault of
the network. We had to postpone our coverage of the Trophy Truck Series
until November due to production delays and unfortunately did not find this
out until late last week. Although such last minute changes are rare, we
encourage viewers to check our website prior to the airing of any program
to verify the date and time.

George Smirnoff
Consumer Marketing Coordinator
Outdoor Life Network
"

Kris

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Hopefully, if there is a big enough outcry from the desert community next time there won't be a "production delay". I mean how hard is it to put a show together from footage that was filmed in January! Thats almost a year! Make sure to write to them so that they put more effort into producing desert racing shows!

See ya in the dirt!