Lawrence Hacking's Dakar entry for 2010 (Canada)

offroadaction

Reaction
Great looking truck! I met Conor and Glenna on Sunday and checked out their truck as well. This is awesome to see some Canadians entering trucks in the Dakar!

I posted about Conor and Glenna's on the Ontario Off Road Racing Association Website, as well as a link to your build. Maybe we can see you at some of our races as well?
http://www.ooraonline.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1175

Chase 2

Reaction
Top notch and very professional build. Get that thing finished so you can get enough test time to sort out all of the problems you have yet know about, and get your reliability to where it will need to be to finish.

Again, very nice build, please keep us updated.

What are you going to do for support? Do you need any crew to go to Argentina with you?

Reaction
Thanks for the comments guys... its coming nicely... I'm trying to get Lawrence running over today and the w/e.
So far no support team, we are still looking for main sponsors too... some you may have read about it in the link.
We still have lots of fabbing to do.. mainly which will be for protection of parts. But yes getting the truck in use will aid in working out the kinks.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
<<We still have lots of fabbing to do.. mainly which will be for protection of parts>>
Love the truck, the Masons are nice! Will you be testing the truck at an actual race? Might be a good idea to race it out here in the southwest, if anything can find a weak link it's out here in the desert! Got a question on the exhaust: Why put it behind the seat? Are you worried about the heat getting to the driver/co-rider? Are you going to protect the muffler from a potential flat (if you weren't to run BFG's that is :D)? Just curious. Nice build, great fab work, your welder knows what he's doing! Good Luck.

www.racersonly.com

Reaction
The muffler behind the co-driver is less of a concern compared to the downpipe. The downpipe sits litterally inches to the co-drivers leg vs ~2ft for the muffler. Not many options at all with so much suspension travel and noise needs to be below a certain db... Each item has its point of deflection for heat and is either wrapped and has a heat sheild of sorts when all together.

thanks for the comments on the welding... I've been at it a while!

Chango

Reaction
Sweet!! So cool to see Lawrence is officially in!!!

It would be nice if you could run it at the NORRA Mexican 1000, thats if diesel can be in the alternate fuel class

Last edited:

CaptinCrash

Reaction
who makes those lights

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
very cool build, can't wait to follow your progress...

offroadaction

Reaction