LC Engineering?

redline

Reaction
I was just wondering if anybody has had problems with LC before? We have been having nothing but problems with them since the original date the engine was supposed to be done and it took an additional 2-3 weeks. Then we didnt get everything we were supposed to. Then parts dont work together and the list just keeps going. The owner seems to try and resolve matters but as soon as he does some other problem comes up. Has anybody else had problems or is it just my luck?

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Redline,
LC did the EFI work on my stock Tacoma motor for my 4 seater and I was very happy with there work. They also did some fab work on the motor for the PS and welded up the old vaccum ports on the manifold. You might be getting into some unforseen expenses, kinda like I did but it was all legit. Hope your luck gets better.

curt

Reaction
LC built the motor for our truck about 2-1/2 years ago...It was one of the first Stage 5 SDS race EFI motors they built and we had a few growing pains so it took an extra couple of weeks but I was patient and have never regretted the purchase...As timing and my impatience would have it I also got one of the first pro 2wd headers and it didn't fit quite right, had to nick the frame a little for clearance. I let them know I was worried about it rubbing through after a season or 2 and they had the header reworked and then replaced it even after I gad run it for a half season(I didn't have time to change it). They we're way more responsive than Downey when I tried to explain why their header didn't fit a 2wd, not one of the 3 different trucks I installed them on.

2-1/2 seasons with LC and all I've ever had to do is change the oil and plugs. Their work is very high quality and they've always done right by me.

My suggestion is to write down whatever you think is a problem and talk to Carl or John, make notes and check off each item so you're satisfied you covered everything when you talk to them and it doesn't come out as a disjointed 7 phone call operation...Curt

drtdevil93

Reaction
i had a couple things i was scratching my head about with LC, but they were correct on everything, and like said before, the quality of their work is great. the only mistake they made with me was sending me a heavy duty clutch instead of the ceramic-ceramic one, and im glad they did that, cause it was really the right clutch for the motor i had at that time. id say just talk to john or carl, they have both been very helpful to me when "problems" arose.

erik

ESB4130

Reaction
ive never had problems with anything from LC. everytime ive had a toyota question i just call carl and hes always helped me out with whatever it was...even if i wasnt buying anything. their stuff is expensive...and sometimes you have to wait...but come on theres no bigger name in toyota 4cyl performance than LC. they been around and have a reputation to keep up, im sure whatever problems your havin they'll clear them up. or at least i hope.

bajaboy

Reaction
I've been a customer of theirs since '92 , no problems , great knowledge, the best selection of Toyota mods, 22R + 22RE Gods.

Bajaboy

EQuin

Reaction
Sorry this is off-topic. But what kind of work did they do to your Tacoma motor (2.4 or 2.7, I assume)? I have a 2.7L with 131K miles on it and am considering their headers and collector flange.

Thanks for any extra info.

drtdevil93

Reaction
they built him a turbo'd 22r motor. their header quality is second to none. no leaks

erik

EQuin

Reaction
Thanks for the reply and info. So I take it he swapped in a 22RE in a Tacoma? Was that to comply with class rule engine size?

Ed Q.

EQuin

Reaction
Hmm. His original post said they did some work on his "stock Tacoma motor." Oh well, thanks for the clarification.

drtdevil93

Reaction
no, devon started the thread and he has a older toyota with 22r. rory posted about the "stock tacoma motor".

erik

EQuin

Reaction
Oops. My bad. You're right. I meant Rory's post about the "stock Tacoma motor."

firedog

Reaction
We have used LC Engineering and have had good luck with great customer service. We had a small issue with our motor and took it down to LC on our way to Parker this year and they put 4 mechanics on it and got the problem taken care of even though it wasn't their fault! We are extremely happy with the motor and work LC did.

btshannon

Reaction
When I resealed the transmission on RICKY (our '88 4Runner), the stock "Y" pipe finally snapped in two. I called LC, spent about $400 and the new header arrived three days later. Installation was easy, the parts fit well, and RICKY now has his "BIG BOY VOICE".

Very happy with the header.

TDORSloppy

Reaction
I bought a 22RE Pro Long Block from them with the flywheel, clutch, headers and fuel injectors. Price was decent, around $4K, and after about 30,000 miles still no problems. When I originally called them, I had great purchasing experience. He told me the price and date it would be shipped. They even worked with me on the payment as my credit card would only let me take out $1000 a day.

I don't know why you've been having back luck with them but I hope it gets resolved.

EQuin

Reaction
Now that this old thread has been resurrected, I might as well throw in my experience with LC. I eventually bought their header for the 99 2.7L Tacoma I used to own, and it was top quality. It fit perfectly, and since most of it was made of stainless steel, it never rusted or discolored, even after almost two years and 25K miles of use. The mating flange was thick, and it came with an OEM Toyota gasket.

The other gaskets it came with, however, were not so great. These were the EGR tube and O2 sensor gaskets. The Toyota ones are solid metal, but the LCE ones were of some kind of steel mesh interior and rubbery/charcoal exterior. The LCE EGR tube gaskets kept blowing and causing an exhaust leak, but once I switched to the Toyota OEM EGR tube gasket, it held up and never leaked.

All in all, I was pleased with their product and service and would do business with them again.