Leadfoot

BRBoudreaux

I downloaded the demo the other nite and well, I didn't like it too much. I loved the track setups, but the trucks didn't do anything for me. Now if someone could come up with something with the Leadfoot tracks and the SODA trucks, then I'd be all over it.

ACID_RAIN28

I thought that they had a track editor for it. Same here the trucks just don't do it

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

BRBoudreaux

Yeah, it has a track editor with it and for the most part it rocks. There's some things that can't be done though. I would love to add a whoop section on a straight away, but have found out that's impossible.

Since I've had it, I've downloaded a Crandon track and a Glen Helen track. I don't know the setups of those tracks, but they are pretty good; though the start on Crandon is way too rough on the right side and Glen Helen is about the same.

I recently did a Prairie City track. I've rode shotgun around the track so I a working knowledge of the track and the limitations of the track editor really was felt. On the east side straight-away, there's a bump that gives the racers a little air. On the track editor, I had to go big and I get bigger air. Same thing on the back stretch. The track conditions, you can't change them from mud to dry in a heartbeat, it takes a regeneration of the track and relearning by the vehicles. My track come up about .1 of a mile longer, but in the 4x4 truck I run about 20 seconds faster than the Class 7's on the real thing.

The game itself, isn't full of flash and seems somewhat simplistic, yet hit the mark right on the head. With the SodaEd software I got off the Club Soda website, I change the paintjob on my truck everyso often, slap some stickers such as promoters (VORRA, MDR) sponsors (Kartek, Precision Gear, Trick Fuel). Instead of the 4x4 Jeep, I have a 4x4 P/U. Got the tires changed over to something better, got rid of the gay green coils and have flashy red coils and the engine actually sounds a little closer to an actual V-8. Also got rid of the SODA stuff on the game and replaced it with CORR stuff. Cool, but the track editor is lacking.

There's got to be someone out there with the talent to revamp the Track Editor...........

klaus

Administrator
Can You share the tracks with us ? I can post them here on RDC.

RacerX

Havnt tried yet, but does SODA work with Windows XP. I love that game and want to play it. Not sure if you have to configure it differnt.

BRBoudreaux

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Can You share the tracks with us ? I can post them here on RDC.

<hr></blockquote>

Since I just got the PM from ya, are ya talking about the SODA tracks that I have that I talked about in my previous post? If so, I would be more than happy to send them to ya. Give me a few days to get them to ya.

billymanfroy

Bubba Ray,

I know that Troy Robinson had done some tracks for the soda game way back when, you might want to ask him about it. He told me he had P.C. totally dialed in like 4 or 5 years ago.

BRBoudreaux

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I know that Troy Robinson had done some tracks for the soda game way back when, you might want to ask him about it. He told me he had P.C. totally dialed in like 4 or 5 years ago.

<hr></blockquote>

I'll have to get with him then. Thanks for the info. Besides, I don't think it's fair that I can hit about 104 mph on the eastside straight away.

BRBoudreaux

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ok where is the editor for leadfoot and where did you scoop glen helen. Any one wanna go head to head at lead foot let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

The editor is for SODA.....