leaf spring pack

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Has anyone ever had deaver or i guess national make a spring pack outa there stock main spring? I met Eric from deaver a little while ago and he said that deaver will amke me a pack outa the stock main spring. But over the weekend i was told that if i have the money i should get a set with new main springs. Something about the stock spring not being able to handle the travel causing it to break. Has anyone ever heard this before?

Gregg

WeldnFab

Reaction
I was told the same thing. Deaver does make a pack for ya out of the Oem main spring. For race and extreme performance use I would suggest a new multi-leaf pack. But if its a street truck driven occasionally in the desert, I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't ever heard anything bad from the reuse of a Oem main spring for the occasionally offroader. Deaver is a great shop. And they really know what they are doing, I'd trust them. Just figure out what your application will be.

Build it right the first time......then the second, third and fourth...etc.

orvacian

Reaction
I ran a Deaver "prerunner pack" for a few years before getting new 62" springs. The prerunner springs are made from your origional spring main leaf. I was getting 14" of travel with them and they worked pretty darn good for a stock length spring.

These were the best upgrade dollar-for-dollar I made to the truck. The 62's do work much better but cost A LOT more to install.

BigD

Reaction
how much is it for the set up using the stock main leaf??? ive got an f150, anyone have any idea on the price range?

drtdevil93

Reaction
gregg: you know what dan vances toyota has in the back? a prerunner pack i made from a stock main. i think hes getting like 12" out of it. and the toyota mains are really short too. as far as breaking, its not much of a problem, since they get more leafs supporting them then a stock pack does. we actually do carry a full pack for s10's now. i think we have a set in stock. let me know what you want to do.

erik

orvacian

Reaction
Last time I checked it was $350 + the pair of stock springs you supply.
Call: (714)542-3703
Deaver Spring MFG CO
902 East 2nd Street
Santa Ana, CA 92701

WeldnFab

Reaction
Dude, I just came back from Deaver, on my lunch break. Jeff showed me the race pack they make....10 leafs....the pack is awesome and really great craftmanship!! I was told they go for like 600.00 Save up those pennies!! I know i am.

Build it right the first time......then the second, third and fourth...etc.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by WeldnFab on 08/01/02 01:13 PM (server time).</FONT></P>