Leaking

Motorider

Reaction
I recently installed a fuel level sender into my Jaz fuel cell. The cell is red metal outer and black bladder inner. I cut a hole large enough in the red metal for the entire sender to sit on top of the black bladder, and a hole just large enough to clear the diameter of the shaft that actually goes inside the tank. To mount it, I purchased a 3" OD washer, traced the bolt pattern for the sender, drilled and tapped the washer. Then I screwed the bolts into the washer, and pushed them up through the tank. When I purchased the level sender unit, it came with a cork gasket, that I put between the black bladder and the actual sender. Basically it leaks. More when the tank is full. Anyone know of a way to stop the leaking? Sorry about the pic.

Attachments

• 6-51590-Sender.jpg
    6-51590-Sender.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 106

ntsqd

Reaction
Try going w/o the cork gasket. Unless the sender flange is of the type that has a slight downwards shaped cup to it. Then I don't know what to tell you.

TS

I used to swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

Motorider

Reaction
the sender is flat on the bottom. However the black bladder is not completely flat, it is slightly textured. Just tighten it down, and call it good?

ntsqd

Reaction
I don't recall a gasket btwn the filler and the bladder of the last cell I had apart. Use something, not silicone - maybe Hylomar, on the bolt threads if they don't have gaskets under their heads.

TS

I used to swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

FABRICATOR

Reaction
It might be leaking around the bolts instead of the flange.

<font color=blue>"A Ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for"</font color=blue>