LED license plate lights?

atomicjoe23

RDC Crypto
Do any of you guys know if their are some nice LED license plate lights. . .preferably the bolt type?

I bought these from Speedway Motors for my '99 Ranger

91068000_R.jpg

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Stainless-Steel-Lighted-License-Plate-Bolts,2416.html

The bumper had been replaced by the previous owner with an aftermarket one. . .one of the LMC ones I think. It has cut-outs for license plate lights, but I haven't been able to find any that fit the cutouts. So I thought I would use the "light bolts", but once I got them installed they aren't very bright and I don't think they could have used thinner wire if they wanted to!

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
Thanks for the link Dan.
no problem. i dont remember how thick the wires were though and it was some cheap made in china thing but it got the job done. good luck and if you find something better post up what it is... I have a friend in a similar situation as yours.

arqangel67

RDC Crypto

atomicjoe23

RDC Crypto
The lights I have now are REALLY dim. . .I guess technically the plate is illuminated, I just figured "an ounce of prevention is 2worth a pound of cure" was the way to go.

nordictom

RDC Crypto
Do any of you guys know if their are some nice LED license plate lights. . .preferably the bolt type?

I bought these from Speedway Motors for my '99 Ranger

91068000_R.jpg

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Stainless-Steel-Lighted-License-Plate-Bolts,2416.html

The bumper had been replaced by the previous owner with an aftermarket one. . .one of the LMC ones I think. It has cut-outs for license plate lights, but I haven't been able to find any that fit the cutouts. So I thought I would use the "light bolts", but once I got them installed they aren't very bright and I don't think they could have used thinner wire if they wanted to!

I have these on my dual sport, they work great, plus they keep the cops from bothering me. I bought mine on fleabay, maybe $10 shipped

NT

atomicjoe23

RDC Crypto
Did yours have the red/black wires or the white ones?

I'm thinking of just replacing the bulb with an LED and a heavier gauge (gage/sp?) wire. . .

nordictom

RDC Crypto