• Forum membership has its advantages....

LeDuc's new Aerodynamic components

baja619

Any one see this or know about what going on here.

Appears to be a drivers wind block tunnel starting at the nose growing larger and taller as it fades to the cab and then a shark fin (similar to a sprint car wing) on top of and behind the cab.

But then its not on this other truck body below.
Which Truck is wearing the aerodynamic features? Im guessing the PRO-4 since it is the unlimited class and I guess the obvious who is whom in the pic above.
How long before LOORRS says "OK" or "Nope! Not anymore."

Remember when innovation was king in short course and Rob Mac among others were pushing the boundaries?

High REV Photo Cred.

Last year at Fall Crandon he was running a very large single number plate centered in the back of the "bed". I asked him if it had an aerodynamic purpose and he said with a smirk "it's a number plate". It looked very similar to the tail fin on an airplane. Unsure if it would really have any impact in flight as far as keeping the truck straight since it's surface area is substantially less than the side body work of the truck.

renagade

C. Original dimensions of all bodies must remain as manufactured, except changes for tire clearance, which must be approved by LOORRS.

E. Additions to the body or the race vehicle, such as fins, scoops, wings, and other extruding additions will not be permitted

I'm thinking the following of the body rules is fairly loosely enforced.

sb4pro

C. Original dimensions of all bodies must remain as manufactured, except changes for tire clearance, which must be approved by LOORRS.

E. Additions to the body or the race vehicle, such as fins, scoops, wings, and other extruding additions will not be permitted

I'm thinking the following of the body rules is fairly loosely enforced.
Yeah I thought about that too , might be why it's not really that far removed from original body lines

racefan2041

Well its definitly a nonmanufactured add on. In my mind it should have not been allowed.

The only trucks I ever seen fins on are the ones going to a Jimmy Buffett concert.

Last edited:
I believe there's some confusion here. I see the same body in both photos. The "wind block" is the drivers side raised portion of the hood, but due to the shadows/highlights and angle of the truck, it makes it seem like its only on one side when its actually the same design on the passenger side as well. The "fin" is the actually the back side of the drivers side number plate. I was at last years fall Crandon tho, and he was running a singular number plate in the center that probably wouldn't have been legal in either series.

baja619

Yup. I guess it is a total illusion and assumption on my part.

I went and looked though Kyle's instagram and did not see anything but the standard body with no mods.

gawdodirt

It's called a "side board," in Sprint cars. Doubt if it helps at the cornering speeds, but hey, if it makes you feel better. As far as the "wind block," anything that "blocks the wind," eats hp. Less frontal area is the key. And these things are bricks.