Legalize.regulate.educate.medicate.

Susyq619

Reaction

I UNDERSTAND ITS NOT FOR EVERYONE. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO CALL THE # AND EDUCATE YOURSELF. CANNABIS IS USED IN M A N Y DIFFERENT WAYS.

CALL 1-973-409-3274 and press #

FACT:
Marijuana arrests in the United States doubled between 1991 and 1995. In 1995, more than one-half-million people were arrested for marijuana offenses. Eighty-six percent of them were arrested for marijuana possession. Tens of thousands of people are now in prison or marijuana offenses. An even greater number are punished with probation, fines, and civil sanctions, including having their property seized, their driver's license revoked, and their employment terminated. Despite these civil and criminal sanctions, marijuana continues to be readily available and widely used

FACT:
Moderate smoking of marijuana appears to pose minimal danger to the lungs. Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains a number of irritants and carcinogens. But marijuana users typically smoke much less often than tobacco smokers, and over time, inhale much less smoke. As a result, the risk of serious lung damage should be lower in marijuana smokers. There have been no reports of lung cancer related solely to marijuana, and in a large study presented to the American Thoracic Society in 2006, even heavy users of smoked marijuana were found not to have any increased risk of lung cancer. Unlike heavy tobacco smokers, heavy marijuana smokers exhibit no obstruction of the lung's small airway. That indicates that people will not develop emphysema from smoking marijuana.

Fact:
Marijuana has been shown to be effective in reducing the nausea induced by cancer chemotherapy, stimulating appetite in AIDS patients, and reducing intraocular pressure in people with glaucoma. There is also appreciable evidence that marijuana reduces muscle spasticity in patients with neurological disorders. A synthetic capsule is available by prescription, but it is not as effective as smoked marijuana for many patients. Pure THC may also produce more unpleasant psychoactive side effects than smoked marijuana. Many people use marijuana as a medicine today, despite its illegality. In doing so, they risk arrest and imprisonment.

Fact:
Marijuana does not cause people to use hard drugs. What the gateway theory presents as a causal explanation is a statistic association between common and uncommon drugs, an association that changes over time as different drugs increase and decrease in prevalence. Marijuana is the most popular illegal drug in the United States today. Therefore, people who have used less popular drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and LSD, are likely to have also used marijuana. Most marijuana users never use any other illegal drug. Indeed, for the large majority of people, marijuana is a terminus rather than a gateway drug.

Fact:
In 1972, after reviewing the scientific evidence, the National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse concluded that while marijuana was not entirely safe, its dangers had been grossly overstated. Since then, researchers have conducted thousands of studies of humans, animals, and cell cultures. None reveal any findings dramatically different from those described by the National Commission in 1972. In 1995, based on thirty years of scientific research editors of the British medical journal Lancet concluded that "the smoking of cannabis, even long term, is not harmful to health."

Fact:
For twenty-five years, researchers have searched for a marijuana-induced a motivational syndrome and have failed to find it. People, who are intoxicated constantly, regardless of the drug, are unlikely to be productive members of society. There is nothing about marijuana specifically that causes people to lose their drive and ambition. In laboratory studies, subjects given high doses of marijuana for several days or even several weeks exhibit no decrease in work motivation or productivity. Among working adults, marijuana users tend to earn higher wages than non-users. College students who use marijuana have the same grades as nonusers. Among high school students, heavy use is associated with school failure,
but school failure usually comes first.

Fact:

None of the medical tests currently used to detect brain damage in humans have found harm from marijuana, even from long term high-dose use. An early study reported brain damage in rhesus monkeys after six months exposure to high concentrations of marijuana smoke. In a recent, more carefully conducted study, researchers found no evidence of brain abnormality in monkeys that were forced to inhale the equivalent of four to five marijuana cigarettes every day for a year. The claim that marijuana kills brain cells is based on a speculative report dating back a quarter of a century that has never been supported by any scientific study.

Heath, R.G., et al. “Cannabis Sativa: Effects on Brain Function and Ultrastructure in Rhesus Monkeys.” Biological Psychiatry 15 (1980): 657-690.

Fact:

Every serious scholar and government commission examining the relationship between marijuana use and crime has reached the same conclusion: marijuana does not cause crime. The vast majority of marijuana users do not commit crimes other than the crime of possessing marijuana. Among marijuana users who do commit crimes, marijuana plays no causal role. Almost all human and animal studies show that marijuana decreases rather than increases aggression.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO SUPPORT THE CAUSE
CALL THE NUMBER BELOW AND DO YOUR PART-

Last edited:

3G RACING

Reaction
You forgot to mention that marijuana is also used to get high! Lol!

BajaFand

Reaction
No one has ever died from Marijuana use? So no one has ever been driving a car and gotten in an accident and killed themselves or anyone else while high on Marijuana?

Marijuana is also one of the reasons people are so afraid of going to Baja right now, and one of the reasons Mexican Police officers and tourists are being assassinated down there.

P.S. Not to get off topic, just making a statement, I ain't afraid of Baja!

dezertranger1600

Reaction
WTF is with the influx of BRO's lately? Did DR run out of room for the GNAR section? Holy hell man......

Ozzie M

Reaction
No one has ever died from Marijuana use? So no one has ever been driving a car and gotten in an accident and killed themselves or anyone else while high on Marijuana?

Marijuana is also one of the reasons people are so afraid of going to Baja right now, and one of the reasons Mexican Police officers and tourists are being assassinated down there.

I agree with you i like how on this picture it states deaths from illegal drugs doesnt weed fall in with that category?hmmmm...........

Attachments

Hayward Racing

Reaction
You forgot to mention that marijuana is also used to get high! Lol!
Is that why my feet feel like they never touch the ground???

I have never heard of anyone Overdosing on POT, NEVER... and I am sure some idiot has gotten stoned and wrecked his life or someone else's we just don't hear of it because it is far less common than Drunk Drivers getting wasted on legally sold alcohol..

WTF is with the influx of BRO's lately? Did DR run out of room for the GNAR section? Holy hell man......
Just curious... What does this have to do with the thread? Not being smart-Arse just wondering... :D

Hayward Racing

Reaction
I agree with you i like how on this picture it states deaths from illegal drugs doesnt weed fall in with that category?hmmmm...........

I'm not that smart but I would assume they mean all Illegal drugs "Except" MaryJane!

randy s

Reaction

if you can find a case where weed was directly responsible for a vehicular crash involving a death please post it up. weed is'nt at fault for those shootouts in baja. our idiot drug laws are. if it were legal, the shootings involving weed would be history. the benefits of the plant so far out weigh the arguments against it that if it were'nt so serious of a topic, it would be laughable. the only thing left to do is to keep trying to educate folks with different opinions on this subject and hope they're broad minded enough to get it. but the mis-information about the plant that has gone on for almost a century has deep roots and it will be awhile before anything will be done to make real progress as far as legalization becoming a reality i'm afraid.

randy s

Reaction
an interesting note on the weed debate is that the prison guard lobby in california is one of the strongest in sacramento. guess which side they're on.

mustafa

Reaction
[
Just curious... What does this have to do with the thread? Not being smart-Arse just wondering... :D[/QUOTE]

i think he's referring to the bro that started this thread and most bro's are potheads so that's probably why he stated that.

dezertranger1600

Reaction
Is that why my feet feel like they never touch the ground???

I have never heard of anyone Overdosing on POT, NEVER... and I am sure some idiot has gotten stoned and wrecked his life or someone else's we just don't hear of it because it is far less common than Drunk Drivers getting wasted on legally sold alcohol..

Just curious... What does this have to do with the thread? Not being smart-Arse just wondering... :D

Usually you see weed threads on DR,not on race dezert.

I guess your defending your bros on DR,eh? DGAF!

Hayward Racing

Reaction
i think he's referring to the bro that started this thread and most bro's are potheads so that's probably why he stated that.
So being a Pothead classifies you as a "BRO"? What else classifies you as "BRO"? Does this term apply to women??

I guess your defending your bros on DR,eh? DGAF!
Na just my SusySunshine619 I DGAF about DR or the "bros" over there

Susyq619

Reaction

Is that so? Do you live down there? :confused:Are you at all involved in the GANG related affairs? :confused:Are you a Mexican citizen? :confused:Are you a part of the money laundering? :confused: How many times have you visited Baja California this year? :confused:
Where do you get your facts from? I'm sure people have died from a stupid irresponsible pot head on the road. The only difference is that it happens so much less….Here are some reading materials that will help you in the future…When addressing me about marijuana.
http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/137752/pot_vs._booze:_a_former_police_chief's_take/
I sure hope you never drink and drive… or all the other statistics you forgot to speak about.

Susyq619

Reaction
What’s up with the subliminal, abbreviated, shortened name calling?
Care to share with me what you meant? Or should I take a shot? Did you mean or not mean to judge the fellow “Bros” (which I still don’t know who what a BRO is) by pre-judging them and classifying only them as “pot heads”? Because last time I checked green, white, brown, yellow, black, red people all smoke pot. Last time I checked age, religion, race, height or the minority group you belonged to meant you smoked or didn’t smoke. My ancestors smoked it, yours did also .Educate yourself Bro…
p.s.
“Usually you see” …Are you sure Your on the correct site? I mean since you say “you see weed threads on DR”? :confused:

mustafa

Reaction
So being a Pothead classifies you as a "BRO"? What else classifies you as "BRO"? Does this term apply to women??

Take it easy...you don't have to display the race card just yet since I'm sure that's where you were going with this. Bro = Flatbiller and most flatbillers are potheads. Go to flatbiller.com if you want to know what a bro is.

Hayward Racing

Reaction

Take it easy...you don't have to display the race card just yet since I'm sure that's where you were going with this. Bro = Flatbiller and most flatbillers are potheads. Go to flatbiller.com if you want to know what a bro is.

No race card just simple questions!! Actually kinda curious as to how you interpret me bringing race into this?

I've heard the term "bro" thrown around loosely here on RDC and when you called SusySunshine619 a "bro" for her POT thread I assumed it was derogatory. www.flatbiller.com proved me right!

michael_loomis

Reaction
Listen up Bros and H..... JUST KIDDING!!!

LOL man... everyone lighten up... sheesh..

I dont smoke pot.. never have, never will... ya, most have atleast tried it... yay you...

I dont really care WHAT the topic is.. but i'm sure there are way better suited sites for preaching legalization... if not.. ATLEAST put it in the "purple" ... get it... Purple? :D