lemons car

hyoctane303

Vincent Benedict
Reaction
how do you think a 96 vw passat tdi would do??

i have one in my drive way that is beat to snot, but has some action left in it

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
how do you think a 96 vw passat tdi would do??

i have one in my drive way that is beat to snot, but has some action left in it
The UNDERGROUND accepts your challenge looks forward to beating the snot out of you at the lemons races. The standard bet is 20 bucks so you can just paypal that to us now.:D

Ya gotta figure out a way for it to become a 500 hundred dollar car though. Being the top of the line VW from back then might cause a few raised eyebrows by the judges. A little BS craigs list ad and a good story could get it thru tech I bet. Maybe you should go have a few minor mishaps and run it into a couple guard rails just in case it is any way nice.:D

In the mean time, Post up some pics and put aside my 20.:p

Welcome to lemons.

hyoctane303

Vincent Benedict
Reaction
rear drivers side crunched in, lookin over my rite shoulder when i shoulda looked over my left
front grill and hood crumpled in, some redneck leaven the titty bar

oh i got your 20:p

how many races you guys have on your car?

hyoctane303

Vincent Benedict
Reaction
ef the 20 bucks, how bout a real bet

YOU DADDYS

20 of them

they winner asks a question of the looser, the looser has to reply YOU DADDY

hyoctane303

Vincent Benedict
Reaction
how much fuel can you hold?
whats your cage like? does the cage have to be a full interior cage or only cover the driver?
what kinda seat are you gays:p runnin?

i searched a bit for your car but not to hard

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
how much fuel can you hold?
whats your cage like? does the cage have to be a full interior cage or only cover the driver?
what kinda seat are you gays:p runnin?

i searched a bit for your car but not to hard
The bigger the gas tank the better.

They take the safety part of racing very seriously. We run a Sparco seat we got from our very generous sponsor Camburg.

I have only seen one car that had a cage for just the driver but it was a convertible. You are gonna need a full car cage. Please dont skimp on yer cage in any way. Speeds over 100mph are very common and I have seen a car roll at every race we have been to I think. It is a lot of fun but when the green flag drops it gets very serious very quickly.

Heres a link to the rules...

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/rules/

heres a little vid of the fender bender from reno.

Last edited by a moderator:

nafecarytrid

Reaction

They take the safety part of racing very seriously. We run a Sparco seat we got from our very generous sponsor Camburg.

I have only seen one car that had a cage for just the driver but it was a convertible. You are gonna need a full car cage. Please dont skimp on yer cage in any way. Speeds over 100mph are very common and I have seen a car roll at every race we have been to I think. It is a lot of fun but when the green flag drops it gets very serious very quickly.

Heres a link to the rules...

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/rules/

heres a little vid of the fender bender from reno.

YouTube - Underground vs. Mustang 2 Laps
jajaja that's awesome! So in Lemons is that move called "nerfing" or "bump drafting"? :D

hyoctane303

Vincent Benedict
Reaction

im thinking a 12 gallon cell, that should get us around 360 miles per tank.
and i take safety very seriously

thanks for the info dan

your soon to be daddy:D yves

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
im thinking a 12 gallon cell, that should get us around 360 miles per tank.
and i take safety very seriously

thanks for the info dan

your soon to be daddy:D yves
Son, isn't your stock tank that came in the car bigger than that? I am gonna be very impressed if you get that much mileage out of 12 gallons. I guess it could happen but 30 MPG on a race track is only possible if you drive like a girl and that would make you my daughter, not my son.

you are gonna have the car floored half the time and be on the brakes the other half. I think our tank is 17 galons i think and wont get us that far.

hyoctane303

Vincent Benedict
Reaction
are you guys runnin the stock tank? i thought it had to be a cell

we are going to be runnin a diesel so that hops up the mpg

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
are you guys runnin the stock tank? i thought it had to be a cell

we are going to be runnin a diesel so that hops up the mpg
We run the stock tank. You dont need a cell but a few (not many) teams run them. The reason cells arent required is to keep the costs down for the racers. we would like a bigger tank because we are pretty competative. Every time we stop to do a driver change and ad fuel we feel like we are losing.

In all honesty these races are won by the more efficient teams, not the fastest cars. At the end of the day the guy who did the most laps is the winner. more time on the track clickin off laps and less in the pits = win.

hyoctane303

Vincent Benedict
Reaction
i do have a 30 gal jaz laying around so i could throw that in, but i was going for lite weight, the car is already semi heavy

they just opened a road track here a month ago so i mite go get in some laps to figure out the mpg

good luck in huston