• Forum membership has its advantages....

Let's keep them honest

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Both cameras are running at the same frame rate... I'm satisfied Robby's representation is accurate...

without access to the cameras time code metadata there is absolutely no
way to know if the two sources are synchronized regardless of frame rate...

....but i am impressed that you can determine frame rate from viewing a
compressed copy of an edited video posted on youtube. :)

Andy Mac

Simply Stunning
RG, I remember now that BITD accused your truck of not having the Blue IRC transponder installed before your timed run, and therefore you were given a time by one of Casey's "Back-up Stop Watches". Do you recall the same? And then you brought him your incar (this one you posted) after results were posted showing him your actual time, and he wouldn't change it. That's what I remember. (I also think using a back-up stop watch is pretty bogus).

Last edited:

J Prich

an inaccurate video casting unnecessary doubt is kind of detrimental to an organization that might be doing a perfectly fine job.
Based on responses from others with direct involvement in the BITD qualifying process, it seems to me some level of doubt already existed. The posted video doesnt seem to cast any "new" doubt in my humble opinion.

green787

The video appeared to be accurate bush for bush... As I stated, I'm satisfied that the video representation is accurate and no measures were taken to deceive the viewer...

flyinbronco

Looks like Casey and BITD is picking up the slack now that Sal's retired and not around to pick on. All those threads bashing Sal and Score and how great BITD is. Huh

Kolman

I'm surprised that the green light used for starting isn't connected to the timing loop? If it was then timing starts when the light goes green and no beginning timing loop would be necessary? Correct me if I'm wrong...

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
RG, I remember now that BITD accused your truck of not having the Blue IRC transponder installed before your timed run, and therefore you were given a time by one of Casey's "Back-up Stop Watches". Do you recall the same? And then you brought him your incar (this one you posted) after results were posted showing him your actual time, and he wouldn't change it. That's what I remember. (I also think using a back-up stop watch is pretty bogus).
He was also using his "fingers and toes" for tripple top secret back up.......... Seems legit!

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
I'm surprised that the green light used for starting isn't connected to the timing loop? If it was then timing starts when the light goes green and no beginning timing loop would be necessary? Correct me if I'm wrong...
I was wondering that, too - if the start is automated by the timing system to trip the green light when it's time to go, i.e. pre-set start times trip the light and your time starts once the green light is lit?

vegasloki

Both cameras are running at the same frame rate... I'm satisfied Robby's representation is accurate...
I can't say if there is an issue with T&S but I can say with great certainty that equal frame rate does not equal linear synchronization.

Edit, Jomaoma beat me to it and made a good point about determining framerate.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me when I qualified at silver state 2 years ago. Had the winning run but transponder didn't work. Had 2 onboard videos and GPS timed data from my ecu. Casey wouldn't accept it. It was indisputable and very accurate evidence.

He said he only goes off of what his timing guy says. I have to respect that even though I was super pissed. He can't have everyone showing their in car stuff at every event. A better system would be awesome!!

I was wondering that, too - if the start is automated by the timing system to trip the green light when it's time to go, i.e. pre-set start times trip the light and your time starts once the green light is lit?
The light is not connected to the timeline loop. The light is triggered by a time that is determined by the promoter and your time is logged based off of the time as it corresponds to the loop bein triggered by your transponder.

Chris_Wilson

what keeps the transponder from triggering your start while you are still sitting there waiting for the green flag?

Steve_Sourapas

I don't know if their is a problem with timing or not but I can't wait to hear all the new excuses when they get beat even if it was perfect. Everyone gets beat sooner or later why not just tip your hat to the guy.

Weatherman

The voice of desert racing
what keeps the transponder from triggering your start while you are still sitting there waiting for the green flag?
It must be the accelorometer built into the transponder which could cause you precious seconds if you were in the midst of a last minute use of your PCI pee tube. So you can blame PCI instead of BITD. PCI is striving to correct this problem by engineering a time out device, connected to the transponder device that deducts pee-ing time from your qualifing time. This will be a rental device with no install charge if you preform the installation. Otherwise if a PCI Hottie does the install it will be $100, $75, or $50 depending on the size of your pee-er.

rauni

It must be the accelorometer built into the transponder which could cause you precious seconds if you were in the midst of a last minute use of your PCI pee tube. So you can blame PCI instead of BITD. PCI is striving to correct this problem by engineering a time out device, connected to the transponder device that deducts pee-ing time from your qualifing time. This will be a rental device with no install charge if you preform the installation. Otherwise if a PCI Hottie does the install it will be $100, $75, or $50 depending on the size of your pee-er.
This is awesome!

lil manny

Lol This has to be one of the best RDZ post.

Sorry for side tracking but why no Robby or Andy Mac at SF250??

ChromolyKid

Who's the hottie? Louis?

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Oh, how I've missed you Bob! Only heard you a couple times at Parker - didn't see you in the bar to buy you a drink either :(