Lets ride theEl Cajon MX this Thursday night (8/7)

sirhk100

Reaction
I know there's a couple people on here in the San Diego area that ride dirt bikes. I'm planning on riding the track in El Cajon after work this thursday. This will be my first time at that track so if you're a local pro or something come show me how it's done!!! If you suck, cruise out and we'll learn this place together and then at least we'll have someone to watch crash. I should be there around 6:15 or so. I think it's $20 to ride plus you need an IMSA card if you don't have one which is another $20. If you've ridden any of the other SoCal tracks you probably already have one!!! Let me know if any of you are interested cause I'll be there by myself as of right now.

Khris

michael_loomis

Reaction
i may be down .... i still havent pulled the plug to see while it stalled at elsinore !! i cant find my damned 13/16 !!!! ERRRRRR!!

sirhk100

Reaction
Let me know, as of right now I'm planning on going. I went and rode at a private session on Friday up at LACR in Palmdale. That track kicks ass but it's a long way up there. It was definately worth the drive for that private thing though. At one point it was only me and 3 other bikes out there!!!

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
rhiannon,

waste of a drive unless your planning on staying down there. the track is pretty cool but not worth the drive unless you live close or are gonna be there for the whole day.

Gregg

sirhk100

Reaction
yeah, it's a ways from Huntington... How long did it take you to get to PB that time you came down? Add about 20 minutes or so to that. I've seen the track and it looks fun as hell but I don't know if it would be worth the drive for just an evening session. Some Friday we should meet at Elsinore or Cahuilla and ride. I'm actually planning on riding Cahuilla for the first time next friday 15th if that works out for anyone...

If you do want to come down though you're more then welcome to crash at my house. We can figure out sleeping arrangements, we got a spare room with a bed or whatever...

Khris

michael_loomis

Reaction
or whatever lol !!!!

man you know i work mon thru friday now !! i want to go to cahuilla damn you !!!

oh the el cajon MX park is sick , and they've expanded since ive been there last . ITS REAL FAR FOR ME TO DRIVE TO ALSO !! if i trip exiting my front door , i've got to be careful i dont fall into the track !

sirhk100

Reaction
Well, I'll be there tomorrow night for sure as of right now. I'm getting my pops truck tonight and should be there around 6:15ish. On the track by 6:30... That's 2.5 hours of ride time which will make me sore on Friday!!!

Ryno

Reaction
Khris-

the Cajon track is tight last time I rode it. Not my fav. If you liked LACR...you'll LOVE Cahuilla. It's big, lots of loamy dirt, and they take excellent care of the track. I rode it about a month ago, and it's my favorite by far. It's definitely a 4 stroke track with the hills.

Ryno

sirhk100

Reaction
Well I hate to admit it but Cajon officially kick my ass!!! I'll be back though. I'm gonna try to get out there again this Thursday night. I'm normally not to intimidated with track jumps but right now that track is set up so that they jumps have NO forgivness. The landings are pretty much peaked!!! Also when 90% of the guys there are local pros and are blowing by you off the lips of the jumps it makes it difficult to judge your speed cause you get all outta whack by them blasting by or over you. I did notice that the track died down when the lights go on. I heard that's normal. Assuming it is, next time (hopefully this Thurs.) I'll be getting on later when the track is like dead and I don't have to worry about getting ran over cause I crashed trying a new hit. BTW, I didn't crash anything, just destroyed my wrists and ankles over jumping and casing half the crap there!!!

I've heard Cahuilla has a wierd practice schedule and might not be open weekdays... That blows!!!

Khris

Ryno

Reaction
Khris-

you heard right. Cahuilla is open Wed and the weekends for practice/ riding. It's MUCH more forgiving and more the style for the big thumper. From SD it's about a 2 hr ride, but well worth it. I rode El Cajon once, and I was done. Even elsinore is a better track. Ridgecrest is building a track for their GP in the beginning of October. Much like LACR. Nice to see more tracks beng built, and more people riding.

Ryno

Brice

Reaction
the cool thing about el cajon is that if we can get enough people together we can rent the track out for a private party. all we have to do is promise the ecmx staff like 20 or 30 people, or something like that. the track is 2 mins away from me so if anyone is intrested in doin that let me kno and i will look into it more.