• Forum membership has its advantages....

Let's see your chase rack

B. Everett

I searched for a thread with current chase racks. Only older threads popped up. I want to have mine done for Vegas to Reno. I figured some of the older racks have morphed. Some of the newer racks might not be posted. Please post up some pics for ideas. It's not desert racing but chase trucks are a big part of racing. I'm torn on ideas......

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Same boat right now! I scoured the interwebs and found quite a few but curious to see what this thread turns up. Our big thing is getting tires out of the bed and I'd say most importantly keeping fuel secure!

B. Everett

I am thinking 2 tires mounted on each side. Generator and small welder up front low centered. And a way to strap dump cans in. Leaving room for a barrel or whatever in the middle of the bed towards the rear. A utility bed would be sweet, but I have a short bed and a small budget!

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
I really can't believe nobodies jumped on this yet!!! (oYo)

green787

Limited budget lumber rack turned into a chase rack... with a (teach your 13 year old daughter how to drive @ El Mirage dry lake) go kart... #do360'sandkeepongoing

Green Seat 010.jpg

9rocky

20160211_123734_resized.jpg
20160211_123751_resized.jpg

9rocky

A lot more trucks have been going the full length rack route. Have you had any issues with the jack being mounted vertically? Also how useful has the e-track been? I recently bought a utility bed and I'm thinking of mounting some to the bed portion - trying to decide if its worth the premium over a few welded in tie down points.

We used this at the 1000. It worked awesome, and E Track works incredible. We have it in all of our chase trucks. Depending on how your load is situated each time, you can adjust your tie down points. We built this rack to be tall enough for dump cans, and they hauled really nice at the 1000.

biggjim

We have E track in our service bed and i prefer it over a generic mounting. The E track itself is cheap...its the mounting loops that get expensive.

9rocky

e track dring.png

We get these from McMaster Carr for $6.19 ea. Not too expensive.

Kolman

Are those better than these? 3.99 at uscargocontrol.com. They also have those same straps you showed for $3.99.

9rocky

Are those better than these? 3.99 at uscargocontrol.com. They also have those same straps you showed for $3.99.
I think they are both good. I am used to paying the McMaster premium, should of looked around lol...

Roice

I use both in the trailer and they are good for different things. The all metal ones are perfect for holding flash lights and other similar items.

www.tcbperformance.com
Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

B. Everett

Thanks for the few posts. I now have a good plan going forward. The etrack idea is awesome, I will incorporate that for sure. On McMasters web site I saw they have bags that mount to the track. That would be good for rags or trash... Lots of ideas now! I do have a couple questions. 9rocky, did you use regular angle to mount to the bed? And what diameter tubing are you guys using. Being a buggy guy I'm planning on 1-1/2 .120 wall.

On another note I am suprised this thread got moved so quick. When there are threads about politics, schools and reality tv in the "race" section. This thread will now not get the exposure in this section. Oh well, rant over. Thanks again for the ideas!!

Kolman

On another note I am suprised this thread got moved so quick. When there are threads about politics, schools and reality tv in the "race" section. This thread will now not get the exposure in this section. Oh well, rant over. Thanks again for the ideas!!
I thought the same thing... It also probably would've gotten you a lot more pictures out there. Not my website, not sure if I helped, but I sure learned some things.

JoeyD23

Simple bolt in / removable rack Richer Racing built for us. All Auto Escondido aka AGM wired it all up with Rigid lights.