• Forum membership has its advantages....

Let's see your Mini-Stock truck!

Dirty*

That Toyota was born to be raced off road. Just look at the sticker on the back window. Thanks for posting the pics Brian!! Now lets see the rest of the builds out there.

JMS

Looks like a clean platform Brian

Cant wait to find my truck, I let a perfect one slip through my fingers that was in AZ, probably another potential racer snatched it up:)

r.c.t.

Congrats Brian. keep it going, it's alot of work to bust these stockers out. Is this the truck that you had purchased w/out motor and trans.

Pro-Lite Brian

Congrats Brian. keep it going, it's alot of work to bust these stockers out. Is this the truck that you had purchased w/out motor and trans.
Yup, this is the one. I paid a $100 deposit and waited for the guy to pull the engine and transmission (he wanted to keep them). On Dec. 22nd I picked it up, offered the guy $200 for the transmission as well, and paid the remaining $250 I owed on the truck. So far, I have a total of $550 into the truck, and $1,400 into a Miller 180SD to weld up the cage I'll make for the truck...

I've ordered a couple sticks of 1.5" x .120 DOM for the cage @ $3.72/ft. I'm on the prowl for some used shocks, used 15x8" wheels, New 31" tires, used fuel cell, new/used seat, new 5pt. harness, new/used window net, cheap bedsides, cheap used hood, cheap driver's side front fender, cheap grill, used 1-5/8" Header, and a cheap used 2.5" muffler.

Today I'm going to strip the engine compartment, front fenders, and hood. If there's any time left, I'll start trying to learn how to use the spotweld drill bits I was able to borrow (for removing the front inner fender panels)...

johnnyweb

Yup, this is the one. I paid a $100 deposit and waited for the guy to pull the engine and transmission (he wanted to keep them). On Dec. 22nd I picked it up, offered the guy $200 for the transmission as well, and paid the remaining $250 I owed on the truck. So far, I have a total of $550 into the truck, and $1,400 into a Miller 180SD to weld up the cage I'll make for the truck...

I've ordered a couple sticks of 1.5" x .120 DOM for the cage @ $3.72/ft. I'm on the prowl for some used shocks, used 15x8" wheels, New 31" tires, used fuel cell, new/used seat, new 5pt. harness, new/used window net, cheap bedsides, cheap used hood, cheap driver's side front fender, cheap grill, used 1-5/8" Header, and a cheap used 2.5" muffler.

Today I'm going to strip the engine compartment, front fenders, and hood. If there's any time left, I'll start trying to learn how to use the spotweld drill bits I was able to borrow (for removing the front inner fender panels)...
Forget about the spot weld bits. Grab a die grinder and a 1/4" wide cut off wheel stone and grind away. You are not trying to save the inner fender wells right?. It is way faster then spot weld bits. Good luck with your build.

JMS

Missed another one today :-( either theres more people building these trucks than we know about or theres a good market on cheap Rangers.

Anyone come across a cheap reg cab short bed 93-97 Ranger hit me up.....I got $$$ burnin a hole in my pocket :)

Pro-Lite Brian

Here are a few pictures of Rossman Racing Group's Ranger. It will be powered by a 2.3 backed by a manual transmission. It's in the process of getting a cage bent up right now. The following pictures are a month or so old, so there may be a little more progress than what's seen here.

So who's next?

r.c.t.

Good job Brian....Looks like you have got alot of work done over a small period of time (2 days). Thank you for posting up our pics!

heres my truck...92 toyota pickup, its coming along..better then what i had before..

btw i just got bigger tires so i have 7 31x10.5x15 tires for sale..4 bfg m/t,2 bfg a/t and 1 good year wrangler..good price on all. can make a set of 4 with 2 m/t and 2 a/t good spares as well..if interested let me know

ProLite13

What are you going to do with the bigger tires??