Let's see your Mini-Stock truck!

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
The claimer rule is what keeps things fair, how do you ensure that everyone is following the super restrictive rules without having to have the winner's truck torn down by tech every race. The claim is rule what makes the class fun and equal, without it I might as well go race 7s or something, it'll be just as fun and I'll be just as competitive. Without the claim rule I have little doubt that the class will either die, or end up like every other limited class in offroad racing with the winner's being the guys who can get away with the most.

Yes, no one is going to show up every race with $5k to buy someone's truck, but knowing that someone will be able to scrounge up $5k when they get tired of being beat by the same guy is what will keep that guy from sandbagging, and I believe it is the easiest and most effective means of keeping that guy playing on an equal field.

One guy in this thread is making it sound like wanting a claimer rules is some way out of left field request, but the fact of the matter is that this was what was pitched to people as the final rule set, and what many were assured was the final rule set.

Pro-Lite Brian

So out of all the people viewing this thread, who is going to make the April 2nd. race?

Our '93 Toyota 22RE Manual trans truck will be there!

Who's actually building trucks for the Mini-Stock class? I know most of you who are, and some of you who aren't, so post up!

ProLite13

I'm for the claim rule 100%! Keeps it legit and makes for good racing.
YEP me too...

Everyone that was involved in the creation of this class understands the claim rules or at least gets it after it's explained.

This class is unique to off road as a claimer class, my opinion is there should be more like it. There is another option for you guys that don't want the claimer and that is bumping up to mini mods. I have a few motor$ for you if this is your choice.

I sense some negative vibes lately in this thread. This class was designed to have a ton-o-fun within a budget without all the negative BS.

The claimer is to keep the class what it was designed to be. We saw the Full Stk trucks climb the cost ladder quickly in order to be competitive, we don't want that to happen with the MINIs too.

As said above there is rules to the game and I doubt we will even see a claim unless it's absolutely necessary to keep the class in line. That was the idea behind the claim from the beginning.

dp:cool:

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
I'm for the claim rule 100%! Keeps it legit and makes for good racing.
You got that right,we need a claim rule in our canadian series it would help keep people honest,to bad everyones afraid of it.

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
I won't have a truck ready, but I will be at least spectating for sure. I think I may volunteer if there is anything I would actually be qualified to do.

My build/parts buying is on hiatus until this claim stuff gets settled(I have no interest in racing without the claim rule), but I have purchased a truck specifically for the class, and have started buying parts.

So out of all the people viewing this thread, who is going to make the April 2nd. race?

Who's actually building trucks for the Mini-Stock class? I know most of you who are, and some of you who aren't, so post up!

WFODAN

I am building a truck for the class but will not make the April race. I am 100% for the claim rule also. I will be building my truck much nicer if there is not a claimer rule, as I will not be worried about losing it. With the claimer rule I will build it as more of a throw away truck. I would also like it cleared up asap either way as that plays a big part in sponsorship letting them know up front that you may need more product from them if you are claimed.

Dirty*

I won't have a truck ready, but I will be at least spectating for sure. I think I may volunteer if there is anything I would actually be qualified to do.

My build/parts buying is on hiatus until this claim stuff gets settled(I have no interest in racing without the claim rule), but I have purchased a truck specifically for the class, and have started buying parts.
Brandon-
Props to you for wanting to come out an volunteer!! I'm sure we can find something at the Regional race for you to get into. And this will give you a chance to see what other people are building I'n the MiniStock class. Hit Lee Perfect up with an email and we'll see you on April 2nd-

And Dan- The series directors and staff will be getting together soon. We will keep everone updated. Also great input.

Thanks Dirty

JMS

Brian you must be gettin close....shoot us a couple teaser pics!

movindirt

Wham Spore
Also 100% for the claimer rule.

Hope to start the build soon. Have to finish the job I have going right now. Then clear out the garage cause I don't want to be working in the rain nor do I want sticky finger borrowing parts. Already had the gas siphoned from the truck.

93 Ranger 3.0 5spd, reg cab short bed

Picked up bunch of parts at the Leduc Swapmeet:

Shocks, fuel cell, seats/belts, limit straps, window nets, main power switch, hood pins, steering quickener and a few gauges.

Today I picked up an 8.8 axle on the way to the VORRA race. Still need a few things but hope to be building soon! Won't make the April race and wish I could be there to watch and/or help out but it is just to far, 1000mi round trip. Once I get things going I will be posting pics.

Pro-Lite Brian

Maybe Mr. I-phone-camera-man (Ken) can post up a couple of the pics I sent him from my phone? They may be grainy, but that's all I've got at the moment! I'll have to snap a couple pics before I leave for the LOORS race at Firebird on thursday.

It's sitting on it's wheels and tires finally. Still can't find any steel bedsides anywhere, in any condition.... Still needs a header/ muffler, wiring, plumbing, bumpers, 5.29 or 5.71 third member, rock screen, rear shocks valved, and Mastercraft window net (made to fit 2011 LOORS rules) installed. Engine and trans are in the truck. 8" rear-end is in the truck. Seat, steering quickener, shocks, radiator, have all been installed.

Brent won't have any seat time in it before the April 2nd. race due to his High School Baseball schedule, but he's excited about racing again... He's even hinting that he want's to run the Pro-Lite at the LOORS Glen Helen event, lol.

JMS

Sounds like you still gotta lot of work ahead of you. My truck is off to Tach D out Motorsports this week!!!!

racer56

Sounds like you still gotta lot of work ahead of you. My truck is off to Tach D out Motorsports this week!!!!
How much are they charging you to cage & fab the truck?

JMS

I'm getting the insider deal but I'm sure he'd be more than happy to hook you up with the good guy deal also. He's right here in the good ol OC

JMS

So Brian considering the bedsides sound like they are going to be difficult to find is fiberglass being officially considered?

Dirty*

General Tire Rolls on as Supporting Sponsor of the Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series

The 2011 short course off road season is just getting fired up and the regional series are garnering interest and support across the board. Building sustainability has been a critical focus since day one and as the working grassroots model continues to grow so do the increasing incentive programs.

Helping the regional efforts in Southern California and Arizona grow its own legs separate from the Lucas Oil Off Road Series is Team Lucas Partner General Tire. The newest sponsor to sign on and support regional off road racing, General Tire has arranged an exciting 2011 points fund worth $5000.

“General Tire is 100% dedicated to the strategic expansion of off road motorsports,” stated Travis Roffler, Director of Marketing for General Tire. “Developing healthy grassroots racing is a significant factor in growing the sport and will be a solid addition to the General Tire motorsports portfolio.”

Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series-Southern California
$4000 General Tire Points fund for truck classes

Mini Stock Class
● $2000 year end points fund purse
- 1st $1000
- 2nd $750
- 3rd $250

Camburg Mini Open Class
● $1000 year end points fund purse
- 1st $500
- 2nd $300
- 3rd $200

Open V/8 Truck Class
● $1000 year end points fund purse
- 1st $500
- 2nd $300
- 3rd $200

*Racers must run General Tires and race 4 races to qualify for the cash.
*Racers are required to run a General Tire visor sticker and a sticker on each side of the truck.
*Racers can sign up for race tire program at GeneralTire.com.

General Tire has additionally dedicated $1000 to be awarded to the Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series- Arizona with $500 going to the Mini Stock Division and $500 to the Full Stock Class.

"With the launch of the regional off road programs, General Tire and Team Lucas considered it especially important to support the racers at the grassroots level and fruitfully nurture the sports very foundation,” explained Jamie Devney, Team Lucas Motorsports Business Manager. “We are looking into the future and are thrilled to expand the relationship with General Tire as a major supporter of regional short course off road racing."

2011 Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series - Southern California Schedule
Glen Helen Regional - April 2, 2011
Glen Helen Regional - June 11, 2011
Glen Helen Regional - August 20, 2011
Glen Helen Regional - October 1, 2011
Glen Helen Regional - 5th Race Date TBD

For more information about the Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Racing Series, please go to Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Racing.

Last edited:

NRT_Chris

Hell YA! I was sponsored by GT for the 2010 Jeepspeed season and they are awesome to deal wit! I am stoked!

michael_loomis

Personaly I dont care if you buy my photos id be willing to bet your one that steals them...

Coming from a guy who says he races stock mini's but hasn't even built one yet you can go stick it where the sun doesnt shine, Ive helped build one that actually races Tony so when you actually have a truck that makes it to the track not even the starting line then come talk to me. Oh wow, some minor rules need to be worked on claimer class big deal... and I quote...

4) CLAIM RULES:
In order to be eligible to place a claim on a competitor, you are required to finish in the top 5 finishing positions in the main event. You may only claim a truck or engine from your own class. In addition to finishing in the top 5, you must also finish on the lead lap. The truck you wish to claim must have at least 2 main event wins in the current racing season. You must have competed in at least 2 main events in the Racing Series during the current racing season. Claim must be made to Racing Series Official within fifteen minutes after Main Event checkered flag. If a complete truck claim is requested, it will be the sole discretion of the person being claimed as to which option they wish to exercise.

Big deal, its not as easy as you think to claim someone's truck if your going to be such a baby then sandbag and get second place every race, but wait you cant even start the race so dont worry about your truck being taken quit being a baby and making excuses and just build a truck or stop crying.
You call him a thief, then your talking smack because he is trying to straighten out the rules for a truck he is building for HIMSELF, when you don't even race? Classy.