• Forum membership has its advantages....

Let's see your Mini-Stock truck!

erichards

Another thing that chaps my backside: I post pics of my build that 100% meets every rule as written in the book and get called out over bedsides. Another (California) racer posts pics of their truck build with fiberglass on all 4 corners (not to mention a fiberglass hood) that BLATANTLY and OBVIOUSLY breaks a clearly and concisely written rule and we hear nothing but freaking crickets.

Last edited:

Scott J

Another thing that chaps my backside: I post pics of my build that 100% meets every rule as written in the book and get called out over bedsides. Another (California) racer posts pics of their truck build with fiberglass on all 4 corners (not to mention a fiberglass hood) that BLATANTLY and OBVIOUSLY breaks a clearly and concisely written rule and we hear nothing but freaking crickets.

I have only seen 1 truck with a fiberglass hood in So Cal. And he only shows up once a year and normally doesn't finish the race. And I have thought to myself also how did he make it thru tech with a fiberglass hood? That same truck has numerous other illegal items on it. I don't think we are talking about the same truck though.

bob380sx

It has a glass hood because no one cares just like the fender thing. No one is going to say so and so only beat me because of a glass hood. The stock engine, stock frame, stock suspension, travel numbers, 2.5 smoothy, and stock brakes are the key areas that make this class what it is. If all that is legit no one really cares. Now if you got mega hp but you body fits the rules there is a problem.

Scott J

It has a glass hood because no one cares just like the fender thing. No one is going to say so and so only beat me because of a glass hood. The stock engine, stock frame, stock suspension, travel numbers, 2.5 smoothy, and stock brakes are the key areas that make this class what it is. If all that is legit no one really cares. Now if you got mega hp but you body fits the rules there is a problem.

I disagree Bob. Rules are rules, no one should be allowed a glass hood as it is clearly stated in the rule book. I guess I have never paid that much attention to what everyone else is running. Every race last year and the first 3 this year I got called out on something by tech. Gas cap tether, fire extinguisher in the cab, roll bar padding..seems you can never have enough roll bar padding.

bob380sx

I'm just saying the other drivers aren't complaining about it. I personally don't care because it's not making the truck faster or maybe I just want to run a fiberglass hood so when I can afford Ivan front fenders they won't look funny without the matching hood.

Last edited:

Scott J

Ya scott that was all safety stuff nothing to do with performace or looks body!!!
I am not complaining about what I had to fix to pass Tech. But when rules are clearly stated they should be enforced whether the are a performance advantage or not. I had 3 sets of rules printed out when I was building my truck. 2 at the Fab shop and 1 with me at work. Many conversations were had discussing rules to make sure we are compliant. The whole wrap around the tail light section of the bedsides seems crazy, but if everyone has to have it I guess I have to get new bedsides or modify the beat up ones I have now.

Perfect Race

Guys bring it back down here, we have a awesome class we are building with your help. Yes the tailight thing is trivial but do we have to write a rule that says dont cut off the roof or back of the cab? No some of this stuff is assumed and some little things might need clarifications. I would expect minimal rule changes for next year if any. When we start working on it we will ask for your input and get Tim Jones involved for his Az. racers.
We have been thru all this rule stuff and exact issue with the karts, once we got the rules figured out in the karts the rules haven' t changed in years. We have the same issue in the stock utv classes.
Pg 1 of the rulebook, "If this rulebook does not specifically say that you can do something then you must consider that the change is illegal." that goes with the class rules that lists what can be changed.
Everyone wants to keep this cheap and fair, Mini open basically has no rules but there always can be another guy showing up with
a better truck more suspension or open motor, who wants to race like that?
You guys look at each others trucks more than we do, one guy cuts his fenders then the next guy sees it and copies it. I hear a lot from racers in all classes pointing out things on others vehicles. Neither Brian or I knew the 22 had a fiberglass hood. That comes back to reading the rulebook, e mailing for clarifications or asking at tech and getting your trucks correct.

Stay in this class and it will be good, especially when the truck count goes up, which in So Cal we have many more coming for next year. We will get sponsors and throw money at it for purse and contingency when we can. This class is one that we are activly working on winnings for. Remember your racing for only $10 to get in and $150, where else can you do that?
When we are trying to tech 150-200 vehicles a weekend its hard to try to catch everything on all vehicles. We have had so much growth its tough to find experienced tech guys and that are available on Fridays. Better yet I challenge you to come help out at tech and you can see what its like. Flame away or get off the internet and go make your trucks better!

Perfect Race

On the rear fenders, run what you got for the next race and if you get new fenders don't cut off the tailights. If you have the cut off pieces rivot them back on or make a little aluminum wrap around piece if you have time. Brian saw it and just wanted to redirect it and stop new stuff from being cut.

Dirty*

Newest Ministock racer to join the fun. Stephanie Stokes from Las Vegas. Just purchased the Jenkins 99 Ministock.

JMS

Congrats Stephanie and Kit on the purchase you guys got a heck of a good truck and Im looking forward to seeing it consistently on the box next Season!

bob380sx

Check out the silt brothers racing highlights reel from round #7

erichards

If anybody is looking for a race ready truck, mine is for sale. I'll be racing it at Firebird this weekend, bring your fire suit and $8500 and you can run it all weekend.
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1415156163.342771.jpg

down4glamis

complain about bogus rules then get out of the class... way to go

Twisted Fabworx

I'm currently building a mini stock/bro lite ranger... (93 2.3 5speed) Just wondering if it's not too secret, what springs you guys run?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Want to say congratulations to Scott Johnson for his sweep this weekend in az .Awesome weekend Scott. And not only can he drive hes one hell of a spotter ..THANKS BUDDY .Time to step next year guys and gals .
Class act for sure and it will only make your class be better then it already is.....

Dirty*

Want to say congratulations to Scott Johnson for his sweep this weekend in az .Awesome weekend Scott. And not only can he drive hes one hell of a spotter ..THANKS BUDDY .Time to step next year guys and gals .
Class act for sure and it will only make your class be better then it already is.....
Sounds like a great weekend out in AZ!! Congrats guys! Also Good work Scott! Sounds like you killed it for So Cal as AZ racers have been kicken our tail for a bit ha ha. And Brian all the Mini Stock guy's and gals are awesome can't wait to see what 2015 brings to the Regional Series!