• Forum membership has its advantages....

Let's see your Mini-Stock truck!

down4glamis

its no fun when you look at the lap times and 1st place is 2-3 seconds a lap faster than everyone else on the track. hopefully this season it gets a little bit closer.

Scott J

its no fun when you look at the lap times and 1st place is 2-3 seconds a lap faster than everyone else on the track. hopefully this season it gets a little bit closer.
Sean, where are you seeing these lap times at? The last Saturday race at Elsinore my best lap time was .142 seconds better than Jason Milligan's. Sundays race Danny Ferdon had a .059 better lap time than I did. Seems really close to me. Saturday I qualified 2nd by .122 seconds.

down4glamis

i just see what people post on instagram

HiTempguy

Is there a forum dedicated to short course chatter? Or mini-stock for that matter?

Info is very hard to find, I've practically read through this entire thread but even it seems to have died off?

Scott J

Is there a forum dedicated to short course chatter? Or mini-stock for that matter?

Info is very hard to find, I've practically read through this entire thread but even it seems to have died off?
What kind of info are you looking for? You have found the Mini Stock forum on here.

HiTempguy

General chatter, build threads, etc. I am talking with a few people in our province about trying to get shortcourse going in Alberta (specifically mini stock). This thread has been great for info as it is :)

I have the 2013/2014/2015 LOROS rule book, which is handy. Mainly would like to see more on the building of trucks, it's a bit different than the prep work for road-racing and stage rally.

BlueCoyote

KORRBC (Kamloops Off Road Racing BC has / had a limited lite class (very similar to Stock Mini). Think they are trying to come back as Merrit Off Road Racing - still in BC. My son is building a Limited Lite to race in the PNWOR series in WA. It will be a budget 87 Furd Ranger. Will post up some build stuff very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiTempguy

That's awesome to hear :) Too bad about what happened with KORRBC, I've chatted with a few of those guys (both in Alberta and BC) and it is a shame the way things went down.

Chillbilly

Aiming for PNWOR series myself, first race is in 60 days or so. It would be sweet if the Merritt track pans out, that only 90 minutes from me!

STACO

Hello all, I know this is an old thread that's barely has any activity but it is for what I can find, the most dedicated to Mini-Stocks. Im sure it will get more activity as the season starts. I just wanted to introduce myself to the thread and everyone that reads it. My name is Robert and my son is Evan. We are thrashing to get our truck done in time for the 2016 season. Its a family effort with myself and my son doing 99% of the build. My kid Evan is going to be the driver. Were no strangers to offroad. Been doing it all our lives. After going to many SoCal regionals over the years, we decided that Mini-Stocks looked like a great starting point to begin racing with. You guys look like your have in blast out there. Hope to meet and become friends will all the racers of this class. See you all at the season opener. As you can see from the pics, we have a long way to go but we will make it.

IMG_7471.JPG IMG_7581.JPG IMG_7460.JPG