Let's see your Mini-Stock truck!

Coastal

I know you guys don't have many built yet....so here is mine....

Yes that is snow.

Sikk travel:

Primered!

r.c.t.

Coastal...That is one hell of a chassis lift you got there! Nice looking truck too, good job.Will you and the boys from up north be making a trip down south for the NEW stocker class events. Don't bring the snow with you.

Coastal

I sure hope so! I was hoping to get to the early Feb race in AZ, but I got social distortion tickets in seattle to go to instead....I want to make at least 1 race, we will see what the budget allows! It would be a dream of mine to do it! Ya don't worry, snow sucks, I am glad to leave it behind if we get any this year. :p

TRichards

You have a very nice race truck. Not to be a party pooper but this is why I wanted to see pics of who was building what. I noticed all the fenders, bedsides and hood are fiberglass?? Believe me I would love to run glass but these rules are going with all steel panels. Is this going to be a big deal? Will something like this be allowed to run at Glen Helen or will it get protested immediately? Just asking, again real nice truck.

Rossracing756

that truck was build for koorbc... i think i have seen it race up there.... he has asked if he could run with assc if he drove down from up north..... i hope they dnt start changing the rule i like them where they are

Coastal

Ya Rossracing nailed it...we are in a different series, but it is almost identical with a few exceptions like we are allowed to run fiberglass, and a few minor suspension tweaks. We were given permission to come run, but not to be in the points race, just to fill the field and have some fun. ;)

ProLite13

You have a very nice race truck. Not to be a party pooper but this is why I wanted to see pics of who was building what. I noticed all the fenders, bedsides and hood are fiberglass?? Believe me I would love to run glass but these rules are going with all steel panels. Is this going to be a big deal? Will something like this be allowed to run at Glen Helen or will it get protested immediately? Just asking, again real nice truck.
This is the Canadian version of ProLite...

We are building Mini Stocks...

ProLite13

Can someone show me a completed stock mini picture that would be ASCC compliant?
Joey they're all currently under construction, but I think this ranger is close. Of course you can run an X-cab or any of the other brands that fall into the rules.

mini stock1.jpg

JMS

Well guys Im pleased to say that I just picked up my truck and actually drove it home! Ill post up some pics soon. Super stoked to get to buildin!

JMS

So what did you end up with?
1995 Ranger reg cab short bed 2.3 manual with only 67K miles on it! Shes a diamond and runs so good that I decided to keep the 2.3 and lean more towards a lightweight build. I wont tell you how much I paid cause I dont wanna rub it in too bad :)

ACEwrench

1995 Ranger reg cab short bed 2.3 manual with only 67K miles on it! Shes a diamond and runs so good that I decided to keep the 2.3 and lean more towards a lightweight build. I wont tell you how much I paid cause I dont wanna rub it in too bad :)
is it cheaper than $300 for 94 single cab short bed, with 2 2.3 motors and a 2.5??? :)

ProLite13

qick question can i run a bigger shock then 8" if i limit the travel.....i have a set of 12" shocks
Yes you can, just make sure nothing protrudes past the hood. You are allowed to move the upper shock mounts, but make sure the lower shock mounts are in the factory location.

I know the rule book says nothing more than an 8" but that changed when we opened up the upper mount location. The rule will be re-written to allow the longer shock as well.

This will allow more shocks to be salvaged. Remember the goal with this class is to not be forced into buying anything new unless you want to.

ProLite13

is it cheaper than $300 for 94 single cab short bed, with 2 2.3 motors and a 2.5??? :)
That's a great buy, you must be shopping at the Robby Woods store.