Let's see your Mini-Stock truck!

Perfect Race

Looks good I can't wait to see these things go at it. Looking at the rear fender mounts I think the way the current pro2/4 s are required to do it is a lot better and safer fender mount. Make hoops like a sideways "U" to mount the bedside and use more tabs like four on each front and rear mount and bigger washers. This has been a more durable way to keep the fenders on. If you happen to lose the fender you don't have a crazy sharp tube sticking out to stick in another truck or it isn't laying in the track for someone or yourself to run over and get a flat tire. Another safety thing for you guys building trucks is to get the seat as absolutely low as you can and moved in some from the door. Those big race seats take up a lot of room in the standard cabs. You want to keep your head as far away from the cage and danger as you can. The rock screen looks great.

wheeli

Funny Guy from the North, eh
RAD! Truck looks great!

I was wondering who would be the first to bend the rules and run Splash bedsides? Im thinking im gonna run em also much cheaper to repair FX then buy new metal bedsides every race!
We started allowing fiberglass when a few guys started running splash or edge box sides just to keep people from fighting,they are considerably heavier than skined steel box sides.Once they were wrecked everyone was just buying proper race ones.Im not positive but arnt they only on 2k or newer rangers,ascc is 97 or older or something like that might wanna check.

GOODGUY

Looking at the rear fender mounts I think the way the current pro2/4 s are required to do it is a lot better and safer fender mount. Make hoops like a sideways "U" to mount the bedside and use more tabs like four on each front and rear mount and bigger washers.
look closer, the fenders are mounted with tubes connected to a flat strap, at the fender to solve the issue you are talking about , mid-race, just a variation of what your describing

9five9

no the splash was introduced when they changed the body style in 1993.

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
How many are racing 2.3 powered rangers? Are you worried about the lack of power? They seem like a poor choice, but are a dime a dozen, unlike my other choices. Is there an equalizing factor that I am missing?

Pro-Lite Brian

Most of the field will be 2.3 Ford's! Take a look at the power to weight ratio's of the various combo's and I think you will find that the 4-cyl. trucks aren't at the dis-advantage that you're thinking... There's a lot of thought behind the rules, definitely more than meets the average eye!

Pro-Lite Brian

Motor has to be pre '97 correct?
Well since the truck has to be '97 or older, that would allow both trucks and engines from the 1997 model year... The engine has to match the engine that came in the truck. It must be outfitted with all the same manifolding and accessories that would have been available in the model year of the truck. You could delete the powersteering, and A/C, since the truck could have been optioned that way... You CAN NOT however put a GM alternator on a Ford engine, or a Ford 2500 rotating assembly in a Ford 2300, etc.... You can't use the 1998+ Ford 2500 engine since that engine never came in any of the trucks legal for this class.

movindirt

Wham Spore
Well since the truck has to be '97 or older, that would allow both trucks and engines from the 1997 model year... The engine has to match the engine that came in the truck. It must be outfitted with all the same manifolding and accessories that would have been available in the model year of the truck. You could delete the powersteering, and A/C, since the truck could have been optioned that way... You CAN NOT however put a GM alternator on a Ford engine, or a Ford 2500 rotating assembly in a Ford 2300, etc.... You can't use the 1998+ Ford 2500 engine since that engine never came in any of the trucks legal for this class.
So for example a late model 2.3l ford engine say from a 2009 Ranger would NOT be legal, correct?

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
I'm picking up my '93 Ranger, reg cab, short bed, 2.3l, 5-speed on Wednesday.

My plan right now is to register it and drive it around while I collect parts, just to get some seat time with a 5-speed, but I don't think it impractical to say that I will make a race this season.

JMS

Just measured my stock suspension travel and its about 9" in the front clean useable and close to 12" in the rear! Gonna be interesting to see how these things handle with such limited travel numbers.

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
I just caught something in the rules I didn't notice before, is the bell housing shield something that the trucks come with stock, or something I need to add?

JMS

Yeah Im still trying to figure that one out also? As far as I know it has to be custom made? Sounds like a pain in the azz and espensive! Ive seen a couple in Summit and Jegs meant for drag racing but they dont cover 360 degrees of the bellhousing?

Rossracing756

i know why that rule is there but really with a stock motor i dnt know about that. we were thinking how we are going to build this too, i was waiting for some one to say some thing about it. so what are you gus going to use for this rule?