Let's see your Mini-Stock truck!

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
I don't know what you guys are talking about but we have all the stock cross-members!
Are those 31" tires or are they smaller? I'm trying to get an idea of what a stock height Ranger will look like on 31s.

---

Does anyone know where to get the cheap Chinese replacement bedsides for a Ranger? My stockers are trashed, I'd rather pay the $40 a piece and have the truck look good for its first race.

JMS

No way leave it that ride height and throw some 31s on it and your ready to go:)

ProLite13

Are those 31" tires or are they smaller? I'm trying to get an idea of what a stock height Ranger will look like on 31s.

---

Does anyone know where to get the cheap Chinese replacement bedsides for a Ranger? My stockers are trashed, I'd rather pay the $40 a piece and have the truck look good for its first race.
Ask ProLite Brian about those bedsides.

Here is a pic that was sent to me yesterday, ck out the orange mini stock with 31s.

Rumor has it this mini stock rips.

SDHQ.jpg

dp:cool:

G Goorsky

What year and motor? I think the KA24 is going to be the motor to have for this class.
97, ka24, 5spd ya with out a doubt this is the truck to have. Last week I tested it in our 5 acres like this just pulled the front fenders off also. These trucks have 30 more hp than any other mini truck but I dont think that will matter in this class. Driver and equipment will be the focal point.

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
97, ka24, 5spd ya with out a doubt this is the truck to have. Last week I tested it in our 5 acres like this just pulled the front fenders off also. These trucks have 30 more hp than any other mini truck but I dont think that will matter in this class. Driver and equipment will be the focal point.
With that setup you pretty much have v6 power with the option of 4 cylinder weight, if I ever get good enough to get claimed a '91+ Hardbody is what I'll be replacing my Ranger with.

Rossracing756

ok i have a question on rear spring...... if i use after market spring i have to stay will stock shackle? i am thinking about making my own spring from different spring packs, can i flip the shackel? i will be start will the stock main leaf then add to it. the other question is can i mount the shock off the top of the spring plate?

Pro-Lite Brian

These tech questions should really be directed to regionaltech@lucasoiloffroad.com. That's the only way to get an official clarification on a rule!

With that being said, as soon as you add to a stock leaf pack, it will no longer be considered an OEM spring, therefore it will require a factory shackle and mount.

As for the shock mount being located on the spring backing plate, that would be okay so long as it's attached to the rear-end housing via u-bolts. Then you could say that the shock mount was attached to the rear-end housing via bolts... Comprende?

GOODGUY

ok i have a question on rear spring...... if i use after market spring i have to stay will stock shackle? i am thinking about making my own spring from different spring packs, can i flip the shackel? i will be start will the stock main leaf then add to it. the other question is can i mount the shock off the top of the spring plate?
not positive on the shackle, but yes the shock can be mounted on the spring plate

movindirt

Wham Spore
These tech questions should really be directed to regionaltech@lucasoiloffroad.com. That's the only way to get an official clarification on a rule!

With that being said, as soon as you add to a stock leaf pack, it will no longer be considered an OEM spring, therefore it will require a factory shackle and mount.

As for the shock mount being located on the spring backing plate, that would be okay so long as it's attached to the rear-end housing via u-bolts. Then you could say that the shock mount was attached to the rear-end housing via bolts... Comprende?
So by your thinking any mounting of the rear shocks is legal, wadr.

Thought the rules were to be the same for both SoCal and Arizona. Example: are travel limits 7" front/ 9" rear (az) or 9" front/11" rear (SoCal)

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
So by your thinking any mounting of the rear shocks is legal, wadr.
That is what I was thinking, I thought the wording of the rule looked like it was specifically meant to lump spring plate mounts in with cantilevers. There is a benefit to mounting shocks outside the frame rails, and only Rangers can do that with a stock rearend width, right? I thought the wording of the rule was basically to keep shocks between the frame rails.

JMS

I know there is a bad to the bone mini stock coming out of SDHQs shop for this next race.

Single cab short wheel base Ranger 2.9 v6 with a 5 spd, it looks race ready.

If you want to check it out, stop by the SDHQ pit next weekend @ Firebird Raceway.
Didnt they stop putting the 2.9 in the ranger in 92' ?

Brandon_Charley

Formerly "Cracka Racing"
What are you guys using/planning for your traction device? Lincoln locker, LSD, Full locker, drop in locker, spool, mini spool, open carrier? I can think of pros and cons for all of them- except an open diff.

Pro-Lite Brian

What are you guys using/planning for your traction device? Lincoln locker, LSD, Full locker, drop in locker, spool, mini spool, open carrier? I can think of pros and cons for all of them- except an open diff.
I'll probably start with a welded up carrier untill I can buck up for the spool and a new set of gears...