Let’s talk Silver State 300

E.Hagle

We’ll be heading out to Nevada to race because of the uncertainty of the border opening in time to make the 500, if luck strikes twice we’ll run them both.

From all of the footage I’ve seen, the SS300 course looks relatively smooth. Is the camera deceptive to the reality? Either way it looks like a great time, and we’ll be there in our class 10.

desertspeed

Its very smooth, one of my favorite areas. Very much like parts of Baja. There are some tight sections through the hills in the first 50 miles and then most of it is fire roads with some sand washes. There are some silt beds as well but nothing too bad.

MTPyle

Overall it’s smooth. No big whoop sections but lots of fast rollers and G outs.

like desert speed said there are some really right technical areas with trees and mountain roads but most are in the first half of the course.

lots of washes that get choppped up with chatter.

Spread out around the course are some long straights that are full speed for awhile. I think there are more wide open sections than any other race other than V2R.

I love the SS300 course because I think it’s more of a drivers course and not just how bad you are willing to beat up your vehicle like Parker or the Mint. I feel like those courses favor the guys that can take a beating and the SS300 favors the guy that can drive and adapt.

So many diverse types of terrain at SS. Your vehicles needs to do everything well which is hard to do.

Can’t wait.

Mike

EMS702

Rescue 1
I am not positive but I believe this race has one of the better finishing rates. For sure one of my favorites for getting around. I usually work pit one which is a basic drive thru unless someone gets a flat. I enjoy the drive on nice power line road from Pit one to Finish after my pit closes. Get there just in time to see the first TT come in.

watch for livestock after pit one though. There is a watering hole in that area.

E.Hagle

Will BITD provide decent hazards on their GPX file? Without a pre-run and zero experience here I hope there’s some decent course notes provided.

I’m excited to get on this course because it looks like a lot fun to drive and a breath of fresh air in comparison to Barstow rollers.

Clay Flippin

One of my favorite courses for sure. Its gets pretty technical up in the trees and can get quite dusty which makes it exciting when your trying to pass. So be patient or you could end up off the hillside stuck in the trees. You will love it!

Frank13

Will BITD provide decent hazards on their GPX file? Without a pre-run and zero experience here I hope there’s some decent course notes provided.

I’m excited to get on this course because it looks like a lot fun to drive and a breath of fresh air in comparison to Barstow rollers.
Correct, they’ll have dangers and hazards marked on the GPX file. As much flak as BITD gets for their course marking, the files are pretty well marked.

nohandslance

Caliente Hot Springs Inn. Had to change reservation's for the SS300, they have been hard to get a hold of but leave a message.
Great place to stay.
Lance

mxben

We’ll be heading out to Nevada to race because of the uncertainty of the border opening in time to make the 500, if luck strikes twice we’ll run them both.

From all of the footage I’ve seen, the SS300 course looks relatively smooth. Is the camera deceptive to the reality? Either way it looks like a great time, and we’ll be there in our class 10.
Lets talk bro

Slippery P

Probably Texas Station

cynicwanderer

Probably Texas Station
The information on the BITD website says Tech/Contingency at Boulder Station in LV, this year. Start outside Alamo, like usual. The pit list looks like last year, so the course is probably similar. It's a mix of fast sections, washes, mountain pass, technical sections and some silty sections. It's point to point (pretty much), but the pit logistics are pretty easy. It's actually a really fun place to race.

mxben

The information on the BITD website says Tech/Contingency at Boulder Station in LV, this year. Start outside Alamo, like usual. The pit list looks like last year, so the course is probably similar. It's a mix of fast sections, washes, mountain pass, technical sections and some silty sections. It's point to point (pretty much), but the pit logistics are pretty easy. It's actually a really fun place to race.
Where on the site does it say Tech/Contingency at Boulder station hotel. I see where it says it will be the Host hotel... does that mean tech will be on site there in the parking lot??

Trying to plan.

desertspeed

Where on the site does it say Tech/Contingency at Boulder station hotel. I see where it says it will be the Host hotel... does that mean tech will be on site there in the parking lot??

Trying to plan.
I agree, it is unclear as to exactly where tech and registration will be.

cynicwanderer

Trying to plan.
it's in the first letter under the racer info tab. it also has the pit mileages in it.

they also posted a press release that explains some of the "covid-19" adaptations. in particular, they have time slots in the tech inspection and that helmets and race garments need to the freshly sanitized, etc... for inspection. also, no walkins, pre-registration only.

Last edited:

mxben

it's in the first letter under the racer info tab. it also has the pit mileages in it.

they also posted a press release that explains some of the "covid-19" adaptations. in particular, they have time slots in the tech inspection and that helmets and race garments need to the freshly sanitized, etc... also, no walkins, pre-registration only.

Thanks. Getting excited.

mxben

Drawing for start positions today. Anyone know when they are done and posted?? Ready to nerf some spec trucks. :)