• Forum membership has its advantages....

Let’s talk Silver State 300

Kiwiflyer

I am unsure what my covid 19 rules are gonna be for vending at Boulder Station so I am just gonna have a super soaker filled with rubbing alcohol and blast everyone.

That being said- If anyone is needing anything special brought out it would be helpful to get that ordered and paid for in advance. We have lots of hand sanitizer for sale BTW.

SDHQ
480-633-2929
Anyone at that number can help you. Just tell them that Dan200 said he would bring it to the race any you can avoid shipping costs.
Can you make it Titos ???

mxben

Why such a late start for the cars/trucks? 11:30 off the line seems like 4 hours too late .

Slippery P

Why such a late start for the cars/trucks? 11:30 off the line seems like 4 hours too late .
Bikes need a gap.

TwistyItch

LiquidAider push-button hydration system had to change plans and will not be a vendor at the SS300. However I spoke to Curtis and get the go-ahead for this post as a public safety announcement/sales pitch..we will give RDC members $20 off the already insane low price on LiquidAider (=$129!). Enter RDC20 at checkout or CLICK HERE.

It's gonna be hot. You'll be thirsty and you have time to buy, install, try it and you'll stay hydrated the whole race. Email, text, PM, or call me (contact via the website or Instagram) with questions. 4 wheel vehicles might want the steering wheel/roll cage mount for the wireless button.

One full kit for the driver, one for the navigator, and helmet kits for each of the additional drivers and navigators. Driver gets out, disconnect is magnetic and separates, new driver gets in and instantly connects (magnetic), then gas it!

DG_BTI

when races have bikes and cars, they always start the bikes first. They have a gap between the bikes and cars for safety. If it was a car/truck only race, it would most likely start sooner. This is pretty standard, nothing new.

bobylax

when races have bikes and cars, they always start the bikes first. They have a gap between the bikes and cars for safety. If it was a car/truck only race, it would most likely start sooner. This is pretty standard, nothing new.
I’m pretty sure they added an extra hour or 2 to the gap for a few safety reasons. There are more handlebar entries this year, a little longer to get them all off the line. With the lack of rain, I’m sure the dust will be terrible. They want to give the slower bikes and quads a chance to get home without getting run down, plus there will be a lot of fast guys that usually don’t run this race. Anything that will potentially keep the trucks off of the bike and quad guys will be a good thing!

Frank13

I’m pretty sure they added an extra hour or 2 to the gap for a few safety reasons. There are more handlebar entries this year, a little longer to get them all off the line. With the lack of rain, I’m sure the dust will be terrible. They want to give the slower bikes and quads a chance to get home without getting run down, plus there will be a lot of fast guys that usually don’t run this race. Anything that will potentially keep the trucks off of the bike and quad guys will be a good thing!

I think recall hearing over BITD relay last year that all the bikes finished before the trucks we’re through pit 6.

mxben

Yeah I already knew that. Just wondering why its 4 hours. Should almost run the bike race another day in a perfect world. Anyways ... just gonna deal with the heat.

Kiwiflyer

Would be nice to have race notes - This is the first non pre-run race we have ever done and it is not a nice feeling not knowing where that next booter will be. I wonder why BITD does not let someone Pre-run and release notes?

ekozy39

Would be nice to have race notes - This is the first non pre-run race we have ever done and it is not a nice feeling not knowing where that next booter will be. I wonder why BITD does not let someone Pre-run and release notes?
My thing is the huge advantage everyone who has run this before has. I hear it’s very one line, lots of dust..

J Prich

My thing is the huge advantage everyone who has run this before has. I hear it’s very one line, lots of dust..
I mean generally speaking, past experience is usually an advantage in all things.. Not attacking you, I hope you do find someone to help you with course files from past years. But at the end of the day, this is part of the game.

ekozy39

I mean generally speaking, past experience is usually an advantage in all things.. Not attacking you, I hope you do find someone to help you with course files from past years. But at the end of the day, this is part of the game.
For sure, agree. No offensive taken, you're 100% right.

cynicwanderer

conditions are likely to be different from last year anyway. normally this race is earlier in the year, so it's going to be much dryer and dusty. also, they have a hazard list by mile that is pretty extensive, which is updated each year to reflect relatively current conditions, like land slides and new erosion features, rocks, etc... so it's really pretty good. all you really need to do is take that list and edit it into leadnav, or wait until they release the new GPS tracks like probably tomorrow. there are opportunities to pass, just watch the hazards.

Last edited:

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Yeah I already knew that. Just wondering why its 4 hours. Should almost run the bike race another day in a perfect world. Anyways ... just gonna deal with the heat.
So you are aware, this race has one of the only two permits issued each year for competitive 4 wheel events for Lincoln County. SNORE has the other one. MRAN wasn’t even able to get a variance for 4 quads for a single event last year as part of their night series.

In permit world, another day or racing is a separate permit and all costs associated. Road closure permits, DOT permits, Highway Patrol Permits and everything associated.

So if the possibility existed financially to make a separate permit work cost wise, it would essentially eliminate the possibility for quad entries to compete as it would be miserable for them to race on car and truck day.

The spacing last year was a massive success for Best in the Desert for this race as the course was essentially cleared in front of the freight train. And this years train is going to be even longer!!

cynicwanderer

Is the "extensive hazard list" anything like Parker, where you spend the next 1/2 mile trying to figure out why you just told your driver to Slow down or we'll die. or is it pretty spot on?

Don
as far as I can guess the list is from a motorcycle/quad perspective... you need to scale the level based on the vehicle you drive. I.e. TTs will have less issues than a Class 9. after the first 50 miles or so, you'll get a hang of it. as a moto I don't really look at the list while riding, which I usually have in my roll chart holder, but I mostly watch the markers on the course, like triple down arrows, etc... it would nice to have leadnav whisper the notes in my ears.