Liability Insurance For Racing

RBFJeep

Reaction
Website
www.finchumoffroadracing.com
My family has been involved in racing for the past year but will now be starting our own race team (buying a TrophyLite). Does anyone have information or recommendations on liability insurance. We have a company to protect from anything that may happen during a race, but also in case something was to happen while testing or pre-running the truck.

Any help is appreciated.

la2baja

Familia
Reaction
There is a company, I believe they are advertisers here or in Dusty Times and they are fellow racers. Let me dig through my Dusty Times here. Maybe a Mod. can chime in if they are advertisers.

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
I'm not sure of all the particulars, but one thing you can do is make your racing effort a seperate LLC.

sickrick

Reaction
I would seperate the racing business, from your current business. Lease all tools and equipment, run with any insurance you can afford. Keep your bank balance low.

Then if someone sues you and wins, you will only be out the bank account and maybe what ever is left of the race car.

sickrick

Reaction
If you are going to work out of your current shop, Make sure that you actually have a lease for the race team and make sure to not co-mingle finances, employees etc.

It all comes down to actually treating the company like a seperate entity.

It really sucks that someone can sign a vaiver releasing you from all liability and still can sue for damages.

I believe that **** is being sued by a buggy driver that crashed at a shortcourse race.

He is sueing even though he was driving the car and had signed a waiver. This will be the death of all racing if it is allowed to continue.

Desert Empire Racing

Reaction
Call
Hub International
4371 Latham St # 101
Riverside, CA 92501
(951) 788-8500

I'm covered for my TT if it get stolen at the race for $320k and every SCORE race up to 3mil General Liability

ASK FOR JAMES JOHNSON That's who I use

Brewser

Reaction
I have my 5/1600 insured for $15K through State Farm. It's being built now (not even a driveable car at this moment and I disclosed this info to them when asking about insurance) but is covered in case of theft or damages during "Preruning" or driving on the street like a regular car but not covered if rolled or damaged during an "organized race". One thing is that it's a registered CA vehicle which I think it has to be on record with DMV (maybe green sticker is OK, not sure). I told them the truth about all of it just inquiring and was blown away when all they wanted were some pics and an itemized list of parts and costs so they could put a value on it. Give them a call!

Barr, Christopher L 222 Fashion Ln Tustin, CA 92780 714-544-2558 chris.barr.b9g7@statefarm.com

RBFJeep

Reaction
Website
www.finchumoffroadracing.com
Call
Hub International
4371 Latham St # 101
Riverside, CA 92501
(951) 788-8500

I'm covered for my TT if it get stolen at the race for $320k and every SCORE race up to 3mil General Liability

ASK FOR JAMES JOHNSON That's who I use

I spoke to James and he was extremely friendly and helpful. If anyone is in his area I would suggest calling him for any of your commercial insurance needs. As for my quest in insurance, he led me to a company called KandKinsurance (found at www.kandkinsurance.com). Within an hour after speaking to James, we met with our company insurance agent who also showed up with information from KandK.

We are not finished with the filing completely yet, but so far it appears it will be the answer to what we are looking for. I will post again once it is through with details.

reverhart

Reaction
Website
www.h123andmore.com
Anybody have some contacts for liability for an off-road race truck (not street legal)

Not looking ofr coverage at the race, nor theft--looking foir liability for truck and all occupants while practicing--someplace like Hodge road, etc

I called K&K no bueno

danzar

Reaction
call Mike James, we call and activate our liability before we test, race, etc. Insurance on a race car is a must. It is like boat insurance, you don't think you need it until it is too late.

M_R_Fast

Reaction
Website
www.youtube.com
Micheal James of James Gang Racing / Outlaw. Look on MDR's site, they have sponsored races in the past.

FYI.....
Mike James Has sold MJI international and is on his way to retirement. BUT,,, Kevin James, His Brother, is now an independant. Kevin wants you to know that he has programs for Racers, which include, Racers Liability, Fire, Theft, and insurance for Teams and Individualls.
If your are getting quotes, Call Kevin. Give him a chance to quote your needs.
He is a racer and fully understands the off-road industry

Cell : 619-992-9164
Office: 619-797-1440 ext. 2118

Give Him A Call