life expectancy

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
what wuld you say the average life expectancy of a stock clutch is. truck has 44000 miles and a little bit less then half with oversized tires? any recomendations on a good clutch to buy? the truck is a 4 cyclinder s10.

thanks,
Gregg

ACID_RAIN28

To many variables, and I don't think it could be ever calculated easily.

Do we have a rule book? A rule book, sir?
You know, a book with rules in it.

YZFster

dont know if this helps, but my f150 has 210000 miles and still the og clutch.....

Go Big or stay there.

michael_loomis

not long if you abuse it ..... look at the bright side. those pretty little ferraris , lotus's , some porsche's , all the exotics ......they go through clutches every 20,000 at a price tag of atleast $4000 to get it done !!

FordFreak

I had a ranger with 29's, not much bigger than stock but I ran those tires for about 50K and at 86k the clutch was still strong.

Adam
I only drive trucks...Powered By American Muscle!

TRDshaunTRD

I abused my clutch and went through it after 30,000 miles and replaced it with a clutch master. Another clutch to consider is centerforce.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

ACID_RAIN28

I would say put a good centerforce in it and you should not have a problem with it ever again, unless you do a lot of power braking

Do we have a rule book? A rule book, sir?
You know, a book with rules in it.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
well i think im gonna just put s new clutch in it this weekend. the truck was the vechicle i learned to dirve a manual in and i used to ride the clutch . i not100% sure its going out but im pretty sure it is. i think it is slipping especially when i start from a hill. oh well better safe then sorry i dont like getting stuck in the dez anymore. whats the price of a centerforce?

Gregg