• Forum membership has its advantages....

Life Insurance, who covers us?

Baja Rob

Hi, I am trying to take a life insurance policy and in the fact finder they ask if I participate in Automobile Racing. I want my wife and family to be paid out in the event of death, including racing so I selected yes.

Does anyone have a Life Insurance policy with a AAA insurer that covers racing? If so, with who?

Robert

ACME

Our AMEX card term life insurance policy I had did not ask the question that other applications did: "Do you participate in contests of speed?" and it did not mention anything we read in the terms of the policy that would make it invalid during that time...

ACME

Our AMEX card term life insurance policy I had did not ask the question that other applications did: "Do you participate in contests of speed?" and it did not mention anything we read in the terms of the policy that would make it invalid during that time...

tapeworm

Primerica. It’s term life insurance but they covered me at a reasonable rate even though I was assigned as a member of a flight crew on a helicopter when I purchased it and had no clauses about sanctioned automobile racing. They also paid out every policy from 9/11.

Bro_Gill

Hard to do, but out there. Harry J. Wilson I think is the name of the company I used. Rates were high because they equated off road racing with sprint car racing because the cars look similar. I was also a firefighter which didn't help. Good luck.

Skinny_G

Hi, I am trying to take a life insurance policy and in the fact finder they ask if I participate in Automobile Racing. I want my wife and family to be paid out in the event of death, including racing so I selected yes.

Does anyone have a Life Insurance policy with a AAA insurer that covers racing? If so, with who?

Robert
I have life insurance through State Farm. It's a 30 year term policy and the rate was reasonable for the payout. And I did answer yes to offroad racing..

JDDurfey

I have life insurance through State Farm. It's a 30 year term policy and the rate was reasonable for the payout. And I did answer yes to offroad racing..
But will they pay out if you die racing? That is the million dollar question...pun intended.

Evan D.

I am State Farm Agent in Redlands, CA. and as long as the application is completed and all questions are answered HONESTLY the life insurance will payout. Racing does NOT prevent you from getting life insurance ( at least with State Farm ) but it could adjust the premium you will pay. There is a contestability clause for the first two years of the policy. If you lie on the application and underwriting process the company has the right not to pay the policy. After the policy has been in force for two years the company looses that right.