Lifted Superduty's and Fifth Wheels?!?!

RRose

Reaction
Lifted Superduty\'s and Fifth Wheels?!?!

For those of you that have a superduty and a fifth wheel trailer..... how much of a lift can you put a superduty and still get it under a weekend warrior fifth wheel trailer (if I flip the axles on the trailer)?

Donahoe

Reaction
Re: Lifted Superduty\'s and Fifth Wheels?!?!

It all matters the trailer hight. Ask the trailer manufacture how much there gooseneck will adjust. We have had customers go as big as 8" with a gooseneck trailer. But personally I wouldnt go any bigger the 4.5"

DMSRACE

Reaction

I agree with Kreg on the 4.5" of lift...

RRose

Reaction

I wasn't planning on more than 4". I will be happy if I can get 4" onm 33's.... I guess we'll see

sirhk100

Reaction

I think my room mate is on a 4" kit. I know he's clearing 35" tires with it and he pulls a 5th wheel no problem. Normally it's just loaded with bikes and quads though so it's not a TON of extra weight in the trailers cargo area.

DMSRACE

Reaction

You could run the 3" hanger kit to fit 33's...

empire231

Reaction

early this summer I was comming back from havasu and I saw a superduty on 40's towing a fifth wheel; the fifth wheel had a huge body lift on it, or some huge blocks. it didn't look so safe or cool.

wish I had gotten a picture of it.

Billy_the_Kid

Reaction

We found out last weekend when we flipped the axles on my father-in-laws camper that most solid axles are cambered. Now the tires are tilted in at the top when it is loaded.

On a positive note, it corners really good now.

drtdevil93

Reaction

when you switch the trailer to spring over, you need to weld new perches on the axle to keep the axle cambered the right way. trailer axles do have a bend in the middle of them most of the time. we do those frequently, if you didnt want to tackle the job.

erik