Light Force HID

Ozzie M

What does everyone think about these lights?do they blow out easy or are they just a good light for a cheap price?

JebusTheGreat

cheap lights? I think they are the most expensive. I have 2 and they have worked great. They have bullet proof filters that you can switch out for different beam patterns and such. They are badass. The combo filters are like half spot, half flood. I'm down with the lights fo sho

blurredvision1

After seeing a friends car hitting a 6ft kangaroo which bent two guards and you could not open up the bonnet, the two Light force HIDS still worked great! You could see where they had hit the bar work but then returned to their original shape. Very impressed!

shrek

We rolled a truck years ago at a MDR night race........end over end. Truck landed close to completely on the light bar.........when we got it welded in place the lights turned on.............it was pretty sweet.........If I recall they were even borrowed HID's or something like that........this was when lightforce first came out in the states.

Shrek

ZTFab

We rolled a truck years ago at a MDR night race........end over end. Truck landed close to completely on the light bar.........when we got it welded in place the lights turned on.............it was pretty sweet.........If I recall they were even borrowed HID's or something like that........this was when lightforce first came out in the states.

Shrek

I still blame the guy that built the light bar....:D

JebusTheGreat

The only complaint I've had in the past is dealing with customer service. But now that they have an office in the US, it's all good.

Motiracer38

These lights are bright and super durable, but I have never liked the output of them. Dan Vance form the night race with Light Force HIDS on.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tBjEbYAjcs"]YouTube - Dumbass Of The Year![/ame]

JebusTheGreat

I have never liked the output of them.[/url]
I completely disagree...

I would not make any judegments based on an overcompressed youtube video. It was also filmed with a digital camera which is no match for the range of exposure our eyes see.

On any of the flood or combo filters you get the pattern on the lens is designed to focus all of the light in a narrow horizontal plane. Most flood lights flood the light all over, so much of the light is wasted throwing it straight up into the sky. Why not take all of the wasted light (like aimed at the sky, or on your hood causing glare, or a few feet in front of your vehicle) and focus all where you need it!? That's what lightforce does. I've gone 80 in the desert at night and not been able to outrun my 2 lights!

In my wonderful Baja experience 2 years ago I had a head on collision with someone else. The lense and filter NEVER broke, the HID still worked, just the housing broke. The light even bent my beefy light tab with 2 huge gussets before the housing broke. I think these lights are fantastic. What holds them back is the price (expensive) and the customer service. The customer service is not an issue anymore because they have an office in the US now - Before you had to deal with performance plus as a middle man, and they were awful.

Motiracer38

I would not make any judegments based on an overcompressed youtube video. It was also filmed with a digital camera which is no match for the range of exposure our eyes see.
I could care less about how bright they are on my computer screen. No light will turn night into day, I believe that is understood. That video is merely proof of the major deficiency in the light pattern that has bugged me in the past and wish I knew of before dropping money on them. The horeshoe shaped light creates dark spots where you don't want them and end up setting the light up inefficiently just to get around them. I know of no other light that is that bad. Luckily the resale value of them is really good.:rolleyes:

baja619

Hmm sounds as if you had a specific issue on your set up.

We have ran them on everything from prerunners / chase trucks / class 7 / class 8 / and two Trophy Trucks.

I dont have a single complaint and cannot say enough good things about them.

1fastbean

Rookie
Found this Lightforce Lights Tough Test video:

[video=youtube;U_R2JLs0I5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_R2JLs0I5E[/video]

Pretty impressive...

JebusTheGreat

I could care less about how bright they are on my computer screen. No light will turn night into day, I believe that is understood. That video is merely proof of the major deficiency in the light pattern that has bugged me in the past and wish I knew of before dropping money on them. The horeshoe shaped light creates dark spots where you don't want them and end up setting the light up inefficiently just to get around them. I know of no other light that is that bad. Luckily the resale value of them is really good.:rolleyes:
have you ever seen them at night, in person?

Motiracer38

Yes, I had 2 on a light bar similar to yours and the dark spot bugged me. I sold them and picked up a pair of Hella Euros converted to 50 watt HIDs and like them a lot more.

JebusTheGreat

hmm. it's never bugged me whatsoever. Also, the combo filters focus the light way better in a horizontal plane so no light is wasted. anyway, if your happy now then good!:)

DougRobinson

I have four HIDs on my buggy. 2 Spots and 2 combo filters. You really do have to see them in person to see how bright they really are.
You can see how wide the combo filter makes the lights in this first pic by the light on the truck.