• Forum membership has its advantages....

Lights for 08 chevy silverado

chevydude7

Anyone know of a good brand to get for street legal lights? I only have a single cab truck so I didn't get the additional lights on the bottom bumper. I was looking at the offroad lights but I figured I wouldn't use them enough to get my moneys worth and they aren't street legal. Any suggestions would be great.

Sparky

Check out the Dually lights from Rigid Industries. Small but very bright.

07FJRog

Anyone know of a good brand to get for street legal lights? I only have a single cab truck so I didn't get the additional lights on the bottom bumper. I was looking at the offroad lights but I figured I wouldn't use them enough to get my moneys worth and they aren't street legal. Any suggestions would be great.
what do you want them to do? fog, driving? could order the factory ones, I did with my Titan.

chevydude7

Probably for fog. I never thought about ordering the factory ones... I looked at the Dually Lights and they look pretty sweet. Do you have any idea where I could mount them at and how I would mount them?

chevydude7

I was thinking of mounting them near the bumper where the tow hooks are but they weren't included so it's just a rectangle cut out about 4 in" wide. I'm thinking that they would fit perfectly right there. So would I have to buy any additional switches or wires to get them going? I've never installed lights before so I have no idea how to set them up :(.

Rigid Industries

The Dually is mounted on a gimble, and can be mounted from the back, top, bottom or sides. I attached a pic of a Raptor we just did, any good fab shop should be able to figure out mounting fairly easily.

Attachments

chevydude7

Thanks for the pictures. That raptor looks sick. Does the dually come with a on/off switch for them or are they legal to have them turned on all the time?

Rigid Industries

not for on road use, too bright to oncoming drivers. It does come with a harness and switch though. The Raptor is set up with factory aux switches, pretty cool setup..

loufish

I have to ask, do you really need street legal "fog" lights?...Reason being if you are going to spend the time and money, get some good driving lights that will be great for the dark paved backroads and the desert...