• Forum membership has its advantages....

Lights...

Phillip Moores

There is probably a million post similar to this request but it seemed easier to ask outright... I have four tabs that will accommodate 6" lights; Any recommendations for some lights??? It is an older rail buggy, dual sport A-arm, mostly recreational riding but definitely going hard. I figure 2 spot & 2 wider beam will get me what I need. I would like internal ballast to simplify installation.

mgobaja

I would suggest quality over quantity. On my prerunner, I have gone from Halogen, to HID, to Rigid LED, and now to Baja Designs LED. I am VERY happy with what I have now. 20" Onyx bar , flood pattern and 2 - XL80 Pro spot pattern lights.
Ranger Baja Designs.JPG

I see beam patterns of cheap LEDs. They appear to be in violation of any/all "Dark Skies Ordinances." Lots of light, but not where you want it.

Old school used Daylighters a better choice than cheapies.

Don't let light spill on vehicle where you can see it, either.

mgobaja

I see beam patterns of cheap LEDs. They appear to be in violation of any/all "Dark Skies Ordinances." Lots of light, but not where you want it.

Old school used Daylighters a better choice than cheapies.

Don't let light spill on vehicle where you can see it, either.
Agree on the cheap LED's - LOTS of light put out, just not put out where it is worthwhile.

bullnerd

Nothing special, just looked like a nice truck and was wondering about the rest of it.

43mod

I like lots of flood and cornering light . Spots and driving reach further out than the speed I can afford to drive.

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
I would suggest quality over quantity. On my prerunner, I have gone from Halogen, to HID, to Rigid LED, and now to Baja Designs LED. I am VERY happy with what I have now. 20" Onyx bar , flood pattern and 2 - XL80 Pro spot pattern lights.View attachment 197484
BD rocks!..... Did you hook up a the third wire as a dimmer? If so did you hook it up to a toggle or a momentary switch? One more, what amp fuse on the light bar?

mgobaja

BD rocks!..... Did you hook up a the third wire as a dimmer? If so did you hook it up to a toggle or a momentary switch? One more, what amp fuse on the light bar?
So to answer your questions, Yes on the 3rd wire for the XL80's, yes on the momentary switch and I am not sure ( I used whatever they supplied in their harness for the most part )

Fifty

The bd lp9’s Are just another world. I think the lp6 should fit your 6 inch light and they are not much less output than the 9.

Fifty

AA6BE3FD-96F5-4FB3-BD46-39C030038F8F.jpeg
The side lighting on the Lp9’s Are pretty awesome