Lights

The_Hulk

Reaction
What are some suggestions on some good but reasonably priced lights for a light bar? Getting ready to build a bar and would like some input on what lights to use.

yotatech

Reaction
do you mean for like a light bar on a bumper or some big lights. I got two 6inch piaa's from kartek for like 60 each and they work suprisingly well for only 55watts. The beam is nice and spread out too, it covers alot of ground.

firedog

Reaction
Our first night race was last years PRIMM 300 and we ran IPF lights with an upgraded bulb from IPF and we were very impressed, they will probably run you more than the piaa's but they work awsome!

deleted

----
Reaction
If you dont want to spend a ton of money, KC HiLights are a good way to go. There cheap and if you break them you just throw them away and buy more. We have those on our prerunner and they seem to gets us around Mexico at right very well.

cleartoy

Reaction
I have 3 Hella 500s. They cost about $70 a pair with relay\switch kit and covers. To me they are barely adaquate when haulin azzz.

My thought is to get some Hella 4000s, maybe 3- 4 of those.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I love my Hella 4000's, just have two of them up front and haven't hit anything at night yet....

desertracer

Reaction
I've got 2 Hella 4000 euros on the front of my truck and they work great. You might want more than 2 if you are haulin but at my speed they work fine. You can pick them up at Kartek for a little more than a hundred each I think.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I run 4 Hella 4000's and they could blind Ray Charles. There is a place in Atlanta that sells brand new lights in damaged boxes for $75 shipped.

PM me and i'll give you their email or phone #.

wrightracing.net

Reaction
The Hella 4000 is a great light. The mounting hardware is supur strong and does not go out of adjustment like some other do. I am running 4 hella 4000's on the front bumper.two pencil beams with 100watt bulbs and two euro beams with Hella HID conversion kits. The HID's run 35watts and are great. I plan to convert the pencil beams soon. Also I plan to do a light bar above the front window with 4 hello 4000's just like the setup on the front bumper. The drain on the electrical is less at 35 watts each light w/2.91 amps compared to a Halogen at 100watts at 8.33 amps.

The HID's are great but cost a ton of money.

What I did cost $200 a light 2 Hella 4000's + HID kit 2 light's per kit. $200 for Hella's + $200=$400 for two HID's.

Great setup beats $500-$600 per light for basicly the same Hella HID.

Oh ya some may say it is not the same but it is better that a non HID and it is hard to tell the difference with the light's side by side.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
well I have 4 Hella 500s on the front bumper and I can see just fine when prerunning, those plus the factory lights work great, sure, they are not that great when you are traveling at very high speed, but for the most part, they´re great, $70 a pair.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
I have been using 4 Hella 4000's for about 5 years and they are great. I just got them back from having them modified to HID's from VisionX and I will report back after the 1000 trip on how they work.
If anyone is buying new HID lights the VisionX HID's have the ballast built into the light housing and they look really good.

Attachments

• HID 8500-6500 Side Image.jpg
    HID 8500-6500 Side Image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 281

BajaFand

Reaction
I've had 4 LightForces on the front of my bumper, they work pretty damn good, I liked them alot. But now I just put 4 brand new KC Rallye 800s (a step under HID), which are equivilent to the LF's I was running and these things are way brighter, plenty of light for my truck, I felt comfortable with them and even went faster than I would in the day time. LF and KC are both great but I feel the KC's are better as far as bang for your buck.

EOR1488

Reaction
go for broke man do it. Thats what I do yea I cant eat every day and I have clothes from when I was 10. But chicks like it get you some KC HIDs and light up the f@*#*ing night sky. Ok sorry all calm down but seriously max out the credit card!!!

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
I don't like HID's on my street driven trucks like prerunner and chase trucks
because I like to wire them into the high beams and use them a lot on the
street (dark mexican highways). The HID's don't come on as fast and I'm not
sure it's real good for HID's to be switching them on and off a lot like I do
with my highbeams to dim for traffic. HID's all the way on the racecar though.

aiiraciing

Reaction
havahockey said:
I run 4 Hella 4000's and they could blind Ray Charles. There is a place in Atlanta that sells brand new lights in damaged boxes for $75 shipped.

PM me and i'll give you their email or phone #.
That would have ben nice to know before I bought 3 of your Brothers used 4000's for about the same price. Oh well, atleast I have parts off the greatest Truck never built...haha

I also have the 100 watt KC's behind the grill, and are great when I am in the middle of no where and I do not have the 4000's on the truck, but I would highly recomment Hella 4000's over them. Well worth the cost.

Attachments

• 140_4067.JPG
    140_4067.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 269

DJDIRTWORKS

Reaction
I know they are spendy, but if you do much off-roading at night HID's are worth every cent. Once you've had 'em you'll never go back. And if you run out of gas 'cause you couldn't afford it after shelling out for HID's, at least you'll be able to see where you're at so you can tell your buddies where to bring the gas can!