lincoln continentals

PBR

Reaction
anyone know anything about continentals??? i am thinking of getting one for the family to cruise in but don't really know anything about the right year to look for or any of the things i should know before i buy. i think the years i am interested in are from '61-'69 and i want a hard top with suicide doors.

thanks.

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
when i had mine it was not in the best shape the wiring was horrible and only some of the things worked but i was 22 when i had it so i didn't have alot of coin to throw at it
but it was one of the nicest driving cars i ever had still a car i would like to own again and mine was a 63

BGRANT

Reaction
Look up these guys for parts. lincolnpartsinternational.com
My old friend Danny owns it and they will tell you everything you need to know.

Perfect Race

Reaction
Better watch the movie Kalifornia with Brad Pitt and Juliet Louis, a road trip gone bad. They drive a nice one across country and run into trouble. Great car and great movie.

PBR

Reaction
thanks for all the info guys!!! lots of good stuff out there, i just need to get my sh together.

BajaBronco13

Reaction
Ollie,

As with all old cars make sure you check the trunk area, the lower quarter panels and the bottom of the rear glass.

Damn now you have me thinking about a Continental but I'm four suvs deep not including my wife's rig so no new toys for me for sometime.

Chris

Last edited:

Ryan_P

Reaction
My buddies '65, I love this car. I'm not a huge fan of the wheels, but it's such a cool cruiser. Me being 6'4'', I can sit in the back seat with plenty of room. Best part, suicide doors.

Just looking at the pictures makes me want to buy one.

Attachments

BajaFand

Reaction
That's a bitchen car Ryan, but I agree the wheels are not right for it. It needs OG wheels with white walls.

uncledirty

Reaction
Better watch the movie Kalifornia with Brad Pitt and Juliet Louis, a road trip gone bad. They drive a nice one across country and run into trouble. Great car and great movie.
There is a beautiful '64 in Goldfinger too.(James Bond)
Here is a quickie with a Lincoln in it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKg5-asGRHY"]YouTube - DC-10 Hits Jeep on Freeway[/ame]

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
Hey lucas you remeber the 69 MK3 we ran in the derby at LVMS? Best time the lizard lounge has seen in years. You could not kill that thing. My shrink still has me coming 3 times a week thinking I have pent up anger Issues after destroying that car.:D:D