line x

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Has anyone every line xed the inside of there fiberglass? I just got some bed sides tonight and was or am going to get this done just to add alittle strenght and make them hopefully be more resistant to flapping in the wind.

Gregg

hoeker

works good for preventing stone cracks too. i good friend did his, turned out very nice.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Brian Mapes

My friend has his own company that is the same as line x but it is mobile so he will come to you? where are you located? he can do black or plain colors. It would probably be about 200 to 250$$. The stuff is really durable, he sprayed his garage floor. I am going to do it to mine when i get mine.

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop

Gabe Lara

Nick Baldwin's Riviera Prerunner Ranger (Little Red) has Line-X sprayed on the inside of its fenders.
I've seen it on various parts of racecars as well where rocks would get kicked up, and impact.

-Gabe

billymanfroy

We're getting ready to do the floor of our truck with it. Can't wait to blow it out with the pressure washer next time and not watch the paint flying off...

hoeker

i use herculiner on the floor of my race truck. works great, it's lots cheaper than a spray in, and lighter. herculiner also ends up a little "gripier" just give the pedal area 3-4 coats and the rest of the floor 1-2 coats.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

OGCamber

Line-X works great for that type of stuff. In fact the stuff is so impact resistant that it is SPEC in the construction of perminent bomb shelters built by the Army.

Courtney Halowell
Editor, StreetTrucks Magazine
www.streettrucksmag.com

Kbach66

I would think it would work pretty good, but one concern that I can think of is the extra weight. That stuff is pretty dense, therefore heavy. If its for a full tube chassied truck for the bedsides, you might have to add a support mount near the fender opening. Most bedsides are mounted front and rear, and I could see the extra weight bouncing around becoming a problem.....maybe they could spray it thinner?
Just a thought though....

Brian Mapes

They can spray it really thick or really thin. They can also do reallly grippy or pretty smooth.

In_the_works

That was what I was wondering. I dont know how much it would actually weigh, but it's going to be adding to whatever dirt, mud and rocks are sticking to your fenderwells. I guess it's a trade off.

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250

Brian Mapes

Since my friend does it i found out how much it weighs. If you were to spray the bed of a longbed truck on 1/4" thick it you use up almost a 5 gallon bucket full of the stuff. I think it weighs like 60 to 70 lbs. for one bucket mabye. I know that it is pretty heavy.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
well i dont want it to thick just enough to add some stengthand i guess for it to look good 60-70 lbs per gallon? thats gonna be way heavy if i read that right.

Gregg

Brian Mapes

60 to 70 for a 5 gallon bucket