Link setup

GreyMatter

Reaction
I'm converting my 2000 truck to links and I have a question about bypasses and coilovers.

I currently have 16" 3.0 king bypasses, I found a set of 18" 2.5 coilovers, can I run the bypasses forward of the coilovers? Or is there a specific reason the coilover is forward of the bypass?

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Nothing wrong with it, tuning will be a little different and your spring rates will be a little lighter.

GreyMatter

Reaction
That's good news, cause I think the springs are a little light, won't really know till I get it together

GreyMatter

Reaction
Also...
Do I want the coilovers and bypasses straight up and down at full droop, or does it matter?

gwizz

Reaction
eh just shorten the stroke of the shock and run it in front. your going to be fabbing everything from scratch anyways right? pluss your better off running less shock travel for the same ammount of wheel travel. also it should be stronger the more compressed the shock is/better loading on the shock bearing.

gwizz

Reaction
angle is a builder preference, but there are handling/chassis loading differences between strait and angled. tho at ride they almost always are angled some.

long story short the more angled the shock the more stability in regards to body roll, but it also looses its mechanical advantage with dampening bumps, ie falling rate as the shock flattens under compression.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
You want the shocks at 90* to the arm at full bump. Getting the arms mounted as far out on the axle as possible will help with sway control. This is not builder preference, it is fact.

gwizz

Reaction
You want the shocks at 90* to the arm at full bump. Getting the arms mounted as far out on the axle as possible will help with sway control. This is not builder preference, it is fact.
did you even read what he said. or what i wrote?..