Little aprehensive about jumping the UP jumps?

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
This saturday morninig Greg was a little busy at the track. He mentioned he needed a truck to test the jumps. to see if your average truck could hit them safely. Well, since I was the first to test them last year, figured I may as well do it again......IF I CAN DO IT. SO CAN YOU!

To all who are entering: BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

singlehanded

Reaction
So whats the final decision about the cages. No cage you can hit either jump or you can just hit the small jump or no cage you cant jump at all?

Greg

Reaction
Ok heres the latest, anyone can hit either jump, the landing is really nice for either hit (the faster you go, the easier the landing). As it stands we'll be able to have at least 5 tries, probably more, alot more. Everyone will have to hit the small jump first, just to familiarize yourself and double check your vehicle. As we go on, the starting spot will move back a bit at a time, so more speed can be reached. We are getting some good prizes for the raffle and nice tropheys for the winners. The jump has a slight down grade and makes for a pretty nice landing. Pat literally took his work tools outta his truck and went out and hit the jump like 10 times then drove home, he has a full cage, home made a-arms, 2.5 saw coil-overs and bilstein bumps, the rear has chevy 1/2 ton leaves and 14" fox 2.0 with some trick ass valving, he didnt even bottom the rear, and the ft shocks were valved for a ranger (not right). Pat has about $5K in his truck and over 400k miles, the point is that its fun and most trucks can hit this stuff, plus if something were to go wrong, we have people there to get you going again and medical if the unthinkable happens (which hasnt because the jumps are very safe). Hope to see a ton of trucks out there. BTW, pat went aprox 80 feet!

Jordan

Reaction
Not everyone can afford to build their truck and risk breaking it for one "LOOK AT ME" jump. Fun to watch though!

Dillon

Reaction
>>>the faster you go, the easier the landing<<<

Haha! famous last words eh?

motoxscott

Reaction
It doesnt come down to how much money you have in your truck or how much money you have it your wallet to fix it.

It's all about having fun and not driving over your head or the trucks ability. If you follow those guidelines you'll have a blast and drive home no problem and even get you to the Dezert People 2 Premier party the following day.

See you all out there !!!

-Scott

Greg

Reaction
I need to clerify one thing, the stock class will, at least at this time, be limited to the smaller jump. I hate to keep doing these "updates" but its just that we are trying to make this as fun and safe as possible. Also, we have the option of not allowing someone to jump again if thier vehicle becomes damaged or unsafe.

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Jordan, it sounds like you are saying that the only reason for jumping is to "show off." I think the reason people have such a good time jumping their trucks (either for fun, during a race, or at our events) is because IT IS FUN. There were three people out at the track yesterday, no one to show off to, and Greg said Pat had a HUGE smile on his face and he looked about the happiest he's ever seen him. And the photographers that were out there, that Greg gave a ride to, said it was one of the funnest times they'd ever had, and they certainly didn't care about who "looked" at them. Don't knock it till you try it, and certainly don't make assumptions about why other people do what they do. For the record, there have been six or seven MINOR breaks out of the literally hundreds and hundreds of jumps that have happened at our events, not just at the Jump Champs, but at the Farmer Boys meetings and at Chuck's house, and all but a few were able to drive home afterwards. I'm not feeling the love, Jordan...what's up with that? Don't be a jumper-hater.

Jordan

Reaction
Jen Jen Jen--you know I love you guys and the site and the club and the events and always will. Im not a jump-hater at all. I am just not into it myself for my truck. I had my fair share of jumping when I first starting building my truck and then the frame started bending, the cab split apart, the balljoints blew, the steering loosened, now it seems my transmission is going, etc... Most of the trucks out there are just not setup for that kinda abuse. I love going out and seeing the show and I will continue to support you guys as I always have. Good times for all!

sweetdevil

Reaction
I'm ditching the weenie-roast to come out and jump my truck! So Greg (S10 greg) if you wanna start our bet back up, bring it! You're coil-over's should hang better than my beat to crap coil buckets! lol
I have a question though... What are the different classes out there and what does my truck fall into? There weren't classes during that practice day, so I'm lost...

BA_DirtDriver

Reaction
Ok I was out there also. Hit both jumps with the blazer and its alot of fun. I have to give it to Pat the ez-go toy flew and landed really nice. The lower jump should be able to be hit by just about any vehicle. It has a nice approach and a slightly downhill landing. So get out there. Its a blast.

Bret

TDORSloppy

Reaction
I think jumping your truck on purpose in Rialto is better than jumping on accident out in Glamis or Barstow when you are far away from home. Everybody knows parts usually break at the worst possible time so why not try them out in a controlled environment before you find yourself stranded. I know what happens when you jump on accident in Glamis.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
So, MAP your gonna go after all? i guess the bets on then 20 bucks? you first then ill go and see what happens. ya sure you wanna do it?

Gregg

84toy

Reaction
A jumping accident at glamis? Sounds like you speaking from experience lol