• Forum membership has its advantages....

Live Webcast

Vtr_Racing

I have been listening to the the live webcast for the US Open of supercross. This would be a great medium for off road racing. I know that Vince Alcoumbre from V-Mar racing was dabbling with that for awhile and was doing it for the outdoor national series but for some reason it fell through. Pat from ORC has a great idea with the live update on his website. Listening to the race online is a great venue. Wish we had better tv coverage but I dont see that happening soon. Some sort of live broadcast online would be a nice alternative. Not sure if this is possible from mexico but I am sure it is possible for some of the races in the states. Any suggestions??? Vtr Racing Marc Choquette BTW Ricky Carmichael won........

TROPHYSEDAN

Hi Mark .good to hear from you .are you back in cal .if you talk to Vince tell him i said hi Talk soon Dennis

Curtis Guise

Administrator
VTR,

click on search and type in MMB. You will see some threads and posts about the Primm race and the coverage that was done for the Mini Metal Bash and shown at the awards that night. It helps to show what type of coverage for our sport is possible.

Something that we were thinking of doing for that race also was a live webcast. But that was last on our list and didn't happen for that one unfortunately. Maybe sometime in the future. Live audio would be cool and easy, but a streaming video would be even better. It just takes money.... Baja would be hard for sure, but races like Laughlin would make a great live broadcast.

Things will start to get even better once more people get faster connections.

DMSRACE

The video? Oh yes I remember, we were(7s racers) supposed to get a copy of that. I will buy mine if I have to. Please let me know.

Kevin

Racer

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Actually that is good timing to bring that up, I was just working on it earlier today. We will have copies for all the teams soon. The Off-Road Expo and the preparing and release of dezert people "the movie" has been allot of work and has been a second full time job for myself. I spoke with Doug at the Expo and he understood that everything does take time and I did tell him I will get the MMB video out soon.

Thanks for being patient, and please remember every ones efforts in producing the MMB video was on a volunteer status including myself. Thanks for the offer but you don't need to pay for your copy.

Curtis Guise
Juice Designs