Lk Elsinore test info??

CR29

Reaction
Does anyone know anything about the test this weekend? Like fee's, times, one or two days, will we get more track time then they did the last test, are the changes to the track done?

baja619

Reaction
PMG will be there at 9:00am on Saturday before the Dirt Tour. That is all I know.

Perfect Race

Reaction
Track is almost done. We added some length and it will be a big awesome track. We are working our butts off and have built a 900 ft safety fence in one week. Testing is both days and about 9-3 each day. I don't know the prices I'll try to get some info up.

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Does anyone know anything about the test this weekend? Like fee's, times, one or two days, will we get more track time then they did the last test, are the changes to the track done?
Randy told me that each type of vehicle will get 10min. on the track at a time, in a rotation through-out the 9-3 timeslot. Unlimited 2 and 4 will go on the track at the same time. They want to group vehicles together if possible (buggies with buggies, and trucks with trucks) to keep things moving, and get everyone on the track as many times as possible.

Cost for a Unlimited lite is $200/day. Don't know about the other classes.

Mike_Cohen

Reaction
Randy Hiner, the track owner / operator left me a nice detailed message with information shortly after I left him a message on the track machine.

Sounds like 9 to 3 Saturday and Sunday. Buggies are $175.00 but discounted to $300.00 if you want to test both days. Not sure of the truck prices or if there is any difference. He also said what Brian mentioned that they want to run 10 to 15 minute sessions and depending on how mnay vehicles show up, they plan on rotating through the groups with track maintenance every 60 to 75 minutes.

Sounds like fun. Looking forward to getting back at it and seeing the results of Lee and his team's track work magic.

We will be there on Sunday with our Racer X #987 Unlimited Buggy practicing on how to keep the rubber side down!

Hope to see you all out there!

Mike

prolite#7

Reaction
any info on the pit lay out and is it as dusty as speedworld .omg i'm still cleaning the dirt out of the motorhome and trailer .if speedworld would have wet the ground before we moved in it would have helped a lot

Bobby PeCoy

Reaction
any info on the pit lay out and is it as dusty as speedworld .omg i'm still cleaning the dirt out of the motorhome and trailer .if speedworld would have wet the ground before we moved in it would have helped a lot
You think Speedworld was bad????? I had the water truck wet my pit area and then I wheel rolled it with my motorhome. By the time I got the dirt covered with outdoor carpet, everything around the pit was dried out and dusty. We played hell keeping it decent at best! The water trucks did the best they could to keep the dust down in our area (President Grant helped me out with that). Elsinore will school you on what bad is! Silty Clayey lakebed soils, Wet = sticky mud & Dry = dust and a lot of it. For about a minute in between the conditions are ok at best. Don't put the swiffer away yet Anthony... I have no info on layout...

prolite#7

Reaction
You think Speedworld was bad????? I had the water truck wet my pit area and then I wheel rolled it with my motorhome. By the time I got the dirt covered with outdoor carpet, everything around the pit was dried out and dusty. We played hell keeping it decent at best! The water trucks did the best they could to keep the dust down in our area (President Grant helped me out with that). Elsinore will school you on what bad is! Silty Clayey lakebed soils, Wet = sticky mud & Dry = dust and a lot of it. For about a minute in between the conditions are ok at best. Don't put the swiffer away yet Anthony... I have no info on layout...
well thats great news.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
So, got back from the test dropping off some bodywork. The track is huge. IMO, it looks really fast and not very technical. I think they have the room to possibly add another rythm section. Looks like a HP track for sure. Dirt seemed to be holding up OK but might blue groove pretty fast. Where is the parking lot going to be for the estimated 10,000 spectators going to be?

hoeker

Reaction
It will be either dusty or muddy. Not in between. And wait till the wind picks up in the afternoon......
isn't that ALL tracks out west?

man i love the midwest, the land of grass and trees!

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
... im thinking about heading out tomorrow ...

ill take some pictures if i end up going

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
So, got back from the test dropping off some bodywork. The track is huge. IMO, it looks really fast and not very technical. I think they have the room to possibly add another rythm section. Looks like a HP track for sure. Dirt seemed to be holding up OK but might blue groove pretty fast. Where is the parking lot going to be for the estimated 10,000 spectators going to be?
i always think they need more rythm sections i don't think there are enough of them :D