• Forum membership has its advantages....

Lonely Beard Racing Seat

Simon2mAn

Anyone have any leads on where I can find a friend for my single seat? Ive had this for years and am pretty much ready to throw in the towel and sell it off... It looks fantastic in my Datsun Roadster so I havent given up hope to find a match, or at least some fabric that matches... been searching for months now. Any help is appreciated

-Simonbucket_seat.jpg

tapeworm

From what Ive been told Beard still has sone of that fabric left but they are the only ones that have that exact fabric. Others can get close but not exact. You can try contacting them for more info.

Simon2mAn

Ive actually spoken with the Beard family (Hunter, If I remember correctly) and they were extremely helpful, and tried to locate some material, but unfortunately they did not.

PRP also told me they do not have any seat material that will match this.

My best bet at this point is to either sell this seat and just move on, or maybe someday I will get lucky at a fabric store that has some NOS material from a 78/79 Ford Bronco that matches

Bro_Gill

Or, you send that one in, have the center section redone with a newer vintage looking similar material that will match the new seat you buy to match it.

bullnerd

I have an old vintage frame I'd give you...but I'm in NJ.

The fabric didn't like the fire, so it's just the frame now, but I couldn't throw it out.

CMA GUMBY

Have you checked with local upholstery shops? Based on your location, there should be plenty of choices. At the risk of being politically incorrect, "custom" shops should be on every other corner. Just a thought...

cakelady

If you call this person Barbara Beard she is the original owner of Beard's Seats. Her number is 623-386-3076.

Bert is my name

Try calling the bearded lady. Lol.

If that doesn't work out buy an old sectional couch from 1979 and re stitch the middle. The sewing machine you want is made by juki. Same machine used in sweatshops across the world.

You might try Ed and Barbara's son and grandson:

Chezron

Anyone have any leads on where I can find a friend for my single seat? Ive had this for years and am pretty much ready to throw in the towel and sell it off... It looks fantastic in my Datsun Roadster so I havent given up hope to find a match, or at least some fabric that matches... been searching for months now. Any help is appreciated

-SimonView attachment 204654
I just made some replica seats exactly like that. I ordered everything from SMS auto fabrics. Ask for Doug and tell him you’re interested in the same fabric that Sol used for rod halls old dodge.

baja_racer

Add casters, perfect office chair !!!