1. Forum membership has its advantages....
    Dismiss Notice

Long Travel Banshee.....

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by LewJunior, Jun 21, 2007.

1. LewJunior

LewJunior Member

the new long travel chassis is finally done and its working great! Here are a few pics

Attached Files:

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  2. Nick Sexton

Nick Sexton Well-Known Member

That is one hell of a rear suspension, how much does that swing arm weigh? looks really beefy? how much travel front and rear?!?!?!?

3. LewJunior

LewJunior Member

Its got 22" of rear travel and 18" up front with these shocks (longer ones are being built and will allow 22" up front as well) The +8" swingarm weighs 16.5 lbs. which is only a few lbs heavier than my old +6" square tube swingarm, but it should be a lot stronger :)

4. LewJunior

LewJunior Member

more pics...

Attached Files:

5. LewJunior

LewJunior Member

more pics....

Attached Files:

6. Nick Sexton

Nick Sexton Well-Known Member

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a piece of work! cant stop thinking about that rear suspension it looks so well built. congrats

7. Young&Fast

Young&Fast Well-Known Member

Nice work. That is sick. I love how the paint was carried over into the seat embrodery.

8. rob-u

rob-u Well-Known Member

This is probably one of the nicest looking dune bikes I've ever seen. Looks real cool.

9. dr shaw6

dr shaw6 Well-Known Member

WOW!!! How does the rear shock work being layed down so flat? Spring rate? It looks pretty sick but....its a Bansee! LOL!

10. LewJunior

LewJunior Member

the shock works killer, it was custom built by elka for this setup. As for the banshee part, we're working on building these long travel frames for the 4-stroke bikes as well as a full custom version that can accept any motor you want like an XR650 or something along those lines :)

11. rob-u

rob-u Well-Known Member

Is this one of those Travel-X frames? It looks a lot like the frames Sundahl builds.

12. LewJunior

LewJunior Member

I built the frame myself. Its definitely influenced by the sundahl frame with the crossing a-arms, but if you look close, its actually nothing like the sundahl frame other than that. This first one was built as mainly a dune/play bike for myself, but we are working on a couple more heavy duty race-ready chassis designs right now and Ill post up more pics as the project moves along

13. calexiraptor

calexiraptor Well-Known Member

just wondering, everything looks sick and nice but why do you want so much travel on a drag banshee? do you have other plans for it?

14. LewJunior

LewJunior Member

its not a drag banshee, its just a dune bike. Its got an 8mm stroker motor with a Twister Small Block top end and its making around 110hp on pump gas. Basically I know that Ill never be able to afford a full-on trophy truck, so this is my little mini version haha Big power, big suspension travel, and attention to detail. To me, this is the ultimate dune bike, youd have to ride it to believe it :)

15. LewJunior

LewJunior Member

Oh, and did I mention, billet a-arms? The first picture is the MasterCam drawing, and the last two are the prototype arm, being test fitted before anodizing and post-machining :)

Attached Files:

16. LOW FRICTION

LOW FRICTION Well-Known Member

Can't beat the power output of a two stroke!!!

17. Triple B

Triple B Well-Known Member

Great job......
    Personaly I could do with out the paint job......It is nice just not may taste.
    You did a great job with all the fab work it looks amaizing, among everything else I like the front bumper with the 4 trailtech HIDs....Very Cool

18. therail

therail Well-Known Member

That could be the most incredible dunes bike I have ever seen. Congrats on riding that.

19. 3G RACING

3G RACING Well-Known Member

Are those eclipse lights? if so, did you have to change the stator on the banshee?? just wondering cuz i was thinking of adding two more of those exact lights! they are bitchin'!!

20. LewJunior

LewJunior Member

heres a pic of the finished billet a-arms... yes those are the eclipse HID lights and I did change the stator out to run them... Im still working out a few bugs in the wiring though, Im a fabricator, not an electrician lol

Attached Files:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted